Urgent! Focuser position went to zero

Andrea Tosatto

Aug 25, 2017, 8:02:39 PM8/25/17
to USB_Focus
I have a big problem with a usbfocus kit on my remote observatory.

Usually i focus around 20000 to have enough steps to focus before and after.

Yesterday there was a power outage and after AC restore the steps counter resetted to zero.

Now is impossible to focus because Vcurve routines needs to focus before and after the focus point but at 0 the focuser stops. I read documentation and there is nothing about manually settings the abnsolute position. I tried with your telescope controller but no way, if i focus inward the focuser stops at zero and there is no option to force the position.

This problem could be solved slewing by hand the clutch, but is impossible since the observatory is located 1500km away and i can't reach the observatory before december.

Please contact as soon as possible

Andrea