Read Files from Android phone when mounted as Mass storage device

Mubasher Usman

Mar 19, 2019, 3:23:38 AM3/19/19
to usb4java
Hi,

I want to read/copy/past files from android phone mounted as mass storage device using USB port on windows. Is this library work for such type of task. If so can you  Please share an example of how to read copy paste files. I am using java 8.

Regards
Mubasher

Peter Stoiber

Apr 1, 2019, 3:42:10 PM4/1/19
to 'Jürgen Moßgraber' via usb4java

Hello Mubasher,

I think usb4java would definitely work for sharing files between an android device and a desktop pc, but to get this working you would need a lot of know how over the basics of USB, the basics of usb mass storage and at last a lot of knowledge over your working desktop system. (Windows Kernel). When you have all the information, I think this would work in claiming the interfaces, sending some control transfer and at last performing a bulk transfer.

I think it would be easier to search some examples of libusb in C code, because here you would find the most examples and then rewrite the program shema to your java sample using usb4java.

So far,

Peter

Von meinem Sony Xperia™-Smartphone gesendet

---- Mubasher Usman schrieb ----