NJersey Nigerian Wife Eunice Ukaegbu called in Bomb hoax to prevent husband from flying to Paris without her

Chido Nwangwu

Dec 17, 2012, 10:55:24 AM12/17/12
to Chido Nwangwu, USAfricae-group, AnglicanAfrican, Nigeria360, UNNalumni, Igbo Events@yahoogroups.com, AnambraHouston, nigeriancommuni...@yahoogroups.com, ALLSAINTS Houston, Anambra Politics, USAfrica, africanc...@yahoogroups.com, igboameric...@yahoogroups.com, igbocali...@yahoogroups.com, USAfricaNEWSwire, USAfrica

NEW YORK POST: (NIGERIAN) Wife called in bomb hoax to prevent husband from flying to Paris without her.

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/hubby_terrorized_grbdtF4Q6PWCwUt1x9dCIO

By PHILIP MESSING, JOE TACOPINO and NATALIE O’NEILL
Last Updated: 10:30 AM, December 16, 2012

He was traveling — but she was on a jealousy trip.
A whacked-out New Jersey woman sent police rushing to Newark Airport yesterday after falsely accusing her husband of plotting to blow up a plane, authorities said.
Eunice Ukaegbu, 50, called cops about her hubby, Okieze Ukaegbu, 58, because she didn’t want him to leave the country without her, authorities said.
The couple had just gotten into a nasty fight.
“It looks like that marriage went up in flames,” a law-enforcement official quipped.
The drama began when Eunice allegedly passed along the bogus tip that her husband planned to “blow up” a Paris-bound Delta Air Lines flight.
“He told me he was going to blow up the airplane,” she told The Post last night. “I went through his suitcase — and I panicked.”
She added she thought she was doing her civic duty.
“I did what an honest citizen would do,” she said.
Eunice, who said she’s a nurse, claimed she first became worried because her husband had been acting distant.
So she tried to search his suitcase but couldn’t open it, and then called police.
“He is a little secretive,” Eunice said.
Cops first arrived at the couple’s Union, NJ, home to question Eunice.
Federal agents, who feared her husband may be a terrorist, were in tow.
The couple’s daughter overheard the ordeal, then called her father’s cellphone to alert him that cops were heading to the airport to arrest him.
Okieze arrived at the airport in a black Lexus and wearing tan pants.
Port Authority police and other law-enforcement agencies also rushed to find Okieze, who was traveling to Nigeria via Paris.
Okieze stayed at the gate until officers arrived, then calmly told cops that his wife “had an alcohol problem” and was lying, authorities said.
They took Okieze, who had already passed security, into custody at Gate B45 at around 12:15 p.m., authorities said.
Cops pulled his luggage off the aircraft, searched it with bomb-sniffing dogs, then took him away for questioning, causing him to miss his flight.
Travelers on the plane, Delta Flight 14935, did not experience a significant delay, sources said.
Eunice claims she filed an honest police report because she suspected her husband was a terrorist.
But authorities contend she’s the fiery one.
Cops have released Okieze from custody and now say they plan to charge his wife.
He later boarded a different flight and could not be reached for comment.
Public records show Eunice previously lived in Roselle Park.
philip....@nypost.com

From: Chido Nwangwu <afric...@sbcglobal.net>;
9:47am EST, December 8, 2012
USAfrica Live: Gen. Carter F. Ham, Commander of United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) spkn now on US military goals n interests in Africa at Achebe 2012 Colloq on Governance, Peace & Security in Africa.

Detailed reports coming shortly at USAfricaonline.com
Follow USAfrica at www.Twitter.com/Chido247

Dec 17, 2012, 10:26:43 PM12/17/12
to USAfricae-group, AnglicanAfrican, Nigeria360, UNNalumni, Igbo Events@yahoogroups.com, AnambraHouston, nigeriancommuni...@yahoogroups.com, ALLSAINTS Houston, Anambra Politics, USAfrica, africanc...@yahoogroups.com, igboameric...@yahoogroups.com, igbocali...@yahoogroups.com, USAfricaNEWSwire, USAfrica

USAfricaBOOKS: Exclusive Profile Q&A with ADAOKERE AGBASIMALO, Nigeria-based writer on her new novel, Women and national development, Chinua Achebe, and her next agenda.  She has written three books: Bow You Must, Waves of Destiny and The Forest Dames.
Interview by  Chido Nwangwu, Founder & Publisher, USAfrica & CLASSmagazine.

Follow USAfrica at www.Twitter.com/Chido247

------

Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 9:55 AM
Subject: NJersey Nigerian Wife Eunice Ukaegbu called in Bomb hoax to prevent husband from flying to Paris without her