Re - “Yesterday's just a memory, tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be”

cornelius...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2024, 8:54:52 AM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

“Yesterday's just a memory, tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be”

( Bob Dylan : Don't Fall Apart on Me Tonight

Highly to be recommended :  The Book of Memory by Petina Gappah

Okey, okay, okie dokie, as you please, so, this is an African Court etc. and this is the first hearing.

Statement :

The wise one says that all writing is by the self and really about the aforementioned self; it doesn’t necessarily have to be a memoir or a fictionalised memoir or autobiography. If I were to ever fully indulge in that kind of enterprise, many parts would have to be fictionalised, to avoid libel and slander.

 I may be right or wrong, but, sometimes pretending to be humble & unctuous ( like Uriah Heep) I, little egotistical i, not an ill-luminary or illusionist poet (full of self-aggrandisement & a big kaleidoscopic bag of illusions) or even a shorti-stori writer or reporter, or a wannabe president, i, even i, suppose that when an author, any kind of author - great, big, small  - full of big ideas, illusions of grandeur & aiming for the moon and of course The Nobel (a clean €1.16 million Sterling) he or she or neti neti in-between or in transition ( almost wrote “translation” when the word-in-mind is “transgender”) picks up the pen or sits in front of the master keyboard (not a piano) all that he or she or “hen “ has at their disposal is language, memory and dream  - as in I had or have a dream  - wet dream, dry dream (nightmare) or daydream (like Wordsworth ,Coleridge, Chidi (another trinity - nota bene : All is vanity

It’s funny how memory can play tricks on you. Yesterday, I went to the library to order Peter  Cornell’s 1987 publication which has finally been translated into English by one Saskia Vogel

What's the title of the book?, the librarian asked me. “The Ways of Heaven”, I told her. Perhaps I said  “heaven” because all this was happening in holy Judaeo-Christian territory and perhaps because, every time I’ve seen her so far, looking good, as Taj puts it, “built for comfort”, wearing, a black and white kind of Escher dress (stairway to heaven) and day before yesterday she was looking voluptuous and gorgeous in a sea-green dress reminding me of that Graham Greene conclusion “FENELLA LAK GOOD POKE “ - wearing that sea-green dress of the kind that I’m sure the houris should be wearing in the so called “Mohammedan Heaven” - assuming that they will be wearing anything at all - looking like straight out of Zorn with no clothes on, or perhaps all will be hijabed and concealed from the lustful gazes of the hungry and the unworthy and the faithless who manage to eventually get to  the 7th Floor of the so called “Mohammedan Heaven”?

 Lay your sleeping head, my love, Human on my faithless arm

My warehouse eyes, my Arabian drums

Should I leave them by your gate, or sad-eyed lady, should I wait?” ….

but the waiting feel is fine

No, she said,  there’s no “The ways of Heaven”

Sorry, I apologised, the title is “The Ways of Paradise

They don’t have it so I ordered/ recommended it .

The taxpayers money has to be put to good use.

Cream : Sunshine of your love

cornelius...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2024, 12:13:46 PM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

2nd Statement

Inside, insane, God, gods, words  - homophones can sound alike,

 even be closely related, one more reason to be careful so that like

Nina Simone who was married to a cop, you don’t have to apologise

or have to sing Please don't let me be misunderstood

Illuminary (nothing to do with the Illuminati,

One love - our one and only Wole Soyinka:

The Burden of Memory, the Muse of  Forgiveness

Quoting from that tome could come in handy, such as

at some point

in time when

John Steenhuisen

could be threaten-

ing to bring

Cyril Ramaphosa

& his government

down

(pretty much like the kind of unhappy

situation Benjamin Netanyahu would

be facing if there was ever any kind

of concessionary talk about re-distributing

any of Eretz Israel’s holy land by giving

some of it to Hamas & Islamic Jihad -

That’s when you’d hear Itamar Ben-Gvir

(Minister of chaos) & his brother-in-arms

Bezalel Smotrich along with Bobby D

singing in unison to Biden & United Nations

Precious angel, you believe me when I say

What God has given to us no man can take away

And that the Arab League has twenty two states,

Whereas Israel only has one: The United States

( To be continued.

The only thing that matters this evening is that England wipes out Denmark (football

Glory…

Biko Agozino

Jun 20, 2024, 4:14:59 PM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Reading like a literary novel. Can't wait to read it and yab the author

Biko

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/usaafricadialogue/7ac2857f-6b14-4cb2-997f-8149706ddde6n%40googlegroups.com

Cornelius Hamelberg

Jun 20, 2024, 6:20:22 PM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

Literary something my $$

Yabbing = Lashon H

England did not live up to expectations ( thanks to Shakespeare, too much respect for Hamlet and the other princes of Denmark. Of course, most of Scandinavia (Vikings) must have been supporting Denmark, and with Bukayo Saka and Eberechi Eze in the squad, I guess Mighty Biko & most of Nigeria must  have been supporting Merry England…

Spain took good care of Italy

Entre Dos Aguas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUhYJ762cTE

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "USA Africa Dialogue Series" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/usaafricadialogue/1780878817.13583674.1718901596781%40mail.yahoo.com.