Re: - Phillip Emeagwali's Fraudulent Activities Have Tainted the LSAT

Mobolaji ALUKO

Sep 29, 2010, 8:41:04 AM9/29/10
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

Dear All:

Another person of integrity named Wassa Fatti has just been rescued from the conspiracy of silence and enablement over this sordid matter which embarrassingly pollutes the Nigerian academic community in the Diaspora, and we can only thank the relentless, quite eclectic and un-impeachable trio of Ikhide Ikheloa, Toyin Adepoju and Moses Ochonu for bringing more light to the matter in recent weeks.  I say "of integrity", because after being given sufficient evidence over a reasonable period of time, Fatti (originally an Emeagwali admirer) came to ONLY the conclusion that can be come to without disingenuity, without accusing the accusers of Emeagwali of an envy-ridden, jealousy-laden, ethnic-tinged, anti-Nigerian, anti-African imperialistic bent.

The recent plaintive testimony by Dr. Gloria Emeagwali (who even I thought to be Philip's wife, until I remembered that it was one Dr. Doris Brown Emeagwali, his traveling companion along the deception route) probably put a punctuation mark to that matter, coupled with the video of Emeagwali's Jamaica trip where undeserved accolades were showered on the couple without any mitigating corrections by the Emeagwalis.  Witness the constant reference to the "Gordon Bell Prize" as the Nobel Prize of Computation, and the programming of  of his Connection Machine (in fact an already existing machine), made up of "65,536 processors to perform the world’s fastest computation (i.e. 3.1 billion calculations per second in 1988) " (as he also wrongly claims on his website http://www.emeagwali.com/education/inventions-discoveries/ ), following which he won a Gordon Bell annual student Prize (of $1000) in 1989. Prof. Moses Ebe Ochonu's decoding of the circular absurdity of using 65,000+ independent processors "around the world" (meaning on the Internet) to become the "Father of the Internet" is particularly enlightening.

The tragedy is not just Emeagwali's - who may truly believe what he peddles on his website and his world-wide motivational speeches within the Black circuit that clutches for heroes, particularly in the technical fields apart from sports and the humanities - but those spectators who insist of being conned, or else indicate that Emeagwali serves a harmless, motivational purpose.

Nothing can be "wronger". We have enough true scientists to honor, not dubious fakes.

"Nuff said for now - and there you have it. I really don't like about this stuff.

Bolaji Aluko

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 6:23 AM, Wassa Fatti <wassa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
The Philip Emeagwali story or saga is becoming a disturbing factor to some of us, despite the fact that some of us were in doubt about it. I always assume since reading  Gloria Emeagwali's book about three years ago that she was a biological sister to Philip Emeagwali. I can't believe that Philip Emeagwali has made a fraudulent claim on her being. My apologies to those I disputed and reguested evidence regarding the deceptive nature of Philip Emeagwali. I now believe that Philip Emeagwali needs to seek help. Lot of Black folks will be traumatised by these exposures, be assured of that.
Wassa

-----

Moses Ochonu wrote.....

"They are basically saying, so what if he lied about his achievements, his degrees, his marriage, and has delusions about being Father of the Internet, must man not wack? And they wonder why things are the way they are with us."

You're too generous Ikhide. His supporters are also saying: his fraud has not hurt anyone personally; it is a victimless fraud; has he been arrested?; misrepresenting yourself  (even for pecuniary gain) may not be fraudulent; etc etc. This whole Emeagwali discussion was as depressing for me as it was eye opening. It opened a window for me to see just how impossible it is now in Nigerian discourse to forge any clear consensus on what used to be straightforward matters of right and wrong--ethical and unethical. The infinite reduction of such simple clear-cut matters of good and bad to a dead-end, farcical debate about degree, circumstance, effect, and nature of the fraud makes one weak with hopelessness.
I saw this video several years ago. Not all of it; it's too painful and embarrassing to watch for me as a Nigerian. I just watched the first 4 minutes or so again. Did you hear the "father of the internet" say that he accessed the 65,000 processors that he purportedly used to "invent the connection machine" (which he claims is the bedrock of internet technology) over the internet? That was hilarious in its absurdity. I thought the man invented the internet. How come he was accessing things over the internet and supposedly relying on the internet for his experiments even before he invented had it? Or was this a different internet from the one he invented? That's why they say a good liar has to have impeccable memory. The deluded fool invented the internet; yet his "invention" depended on an already existing internet, on which he claimed he relied for his experiment! The man is to be pitied. What a clown!

Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 17:04:12 -0700
From: xok...@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: USA Africa Dialogue Series - Phillip Emeagwali's Fraudulent Activities Have Tainted the LSAT
To: usaafric...@googlegroups.com

The most disturbing thing to me is that Philip Emeagwali had the audacity to place my photo

 next to his- by cut ‘n paste  wizardry-  to make the fraudulent claim that I was his wife.  I stumbled on  a newspaper that

innocently bought into the lie and was able to get an apology from the editors.

For the last few years I have had  a disclaimer on my website at:

www.africahistory.net

What a jerk! What a fraudster! He should be stopped.

Professor Gloria T. Emeagwali

Prof of History and African Studies

Prof,

Interesting. For a long time I thought you were his spouse. And then I started spying your disclaimer and my heart went out to both of you, I thought you had suffered a painful, perhaps bitter divorce. Little did I know that the scammer had cut and pasted you into an imaginary marriage. The man is a loser. What breaks my heart is the feverish defense of his fraud by people who are supposedly learned. They are basically saying, so what if he lied about his achievements, his degrees, his marriage, and has delusions about being Father of the Internet, must man not wack? And they wonder why things are the way they are with us.

In the video below, please watch "Professor" "Dr" Emeagwali making fools of his supporters in his own words. Hear him bask in the adulation of winning the Nobel Prize of computing, of having two masters and a PhD, of being the father of the Internet, etc, etc. Listen to him and you will be filled with compassion - the man actually has delusions of grandeur.

Enjoy.... I am done with this fool. And his posse of foolish supporters:

- Ikhide