75 Years Of 1984: Why George Orwell's Classic Remains More Relevant Than Ever

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM, CDOA

Jun 24, 2024, 4:15:44 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

--
Chidi Anthony Opara is a Poet, Institute Of Information Management Professional Fellow, MIT Chief Data Officer Ambassador and Editorial Adviser at News Updates.

He is a recipient of International Award/Recognition For Excellence In Data And Information Management.

More about him here: https://independent.academia.edu/ChidiAnthonyOpara

cornelius...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2024, 6:51:24 PM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to USA Africa Dialogue Series
Back to the future :The very stuff from which futurology, science fiction, "prophecy”, some divine poetry, and conspiracy theory is made: Not necessarily everywhere, but In some places, Today, We're Living in Orwell’s 1984

cornelius...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2024, 6:51:24 PM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

It’s a big, ongoing discussion and a matter of great concern; it’s more or less agreed that we are currently living in Orwell’s 1984, although the pedants insist that this is AD 2024 and some of the pious rabbis believe that we are now in the the year 5784 after the first day of creation, whilst  the eschatologists who put their trust in the Book of Revelation believe that we are living in the last days and that Jesus will soon be returning to this planet.

In the meantime, for Chidi, there should be no cause for alarm; it’s unlikely that Pegasus spyware is being used as a surveillance tool to monitor his creative endeavours or that a microchip has been implanted in his biocomputer to keep abreast with what he’s thinking, especially in the realm of un- warranted anti-government or revolutionary activity, given the fact that the role of the artist in any corrupt society is to bring the government down.