The post-mortem on that first Biden Trump debate will reverberate till September

cornelius...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2024, 11:39:33 AM (4 days ago) Jun 29
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

Where is the love?

The fallout from Trump knocking Biden down a couple of times in the first round are many and varied : https://www.breitbart.com/politics/

Just like Joe Louis (almost) and Sleepy John Estes, USA’s 46th and current president of the United States since 2021, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr., popularly known as Joe Biden is optimistic. He hopes to knock Trump down in  round 2, and to annihilate him & the Republicans on the 4th of November this year.

Donald J. Trump the 45th President  is equally determined that he’s not going to allow another “steal” , and that’s the beauty of American Democracy. May the best man win….

Should Biden not step aside, should he go ahead

and lose, the Democrats will only have themselves

to blame.

Both Trump and Biden expect a miracle

Both are praying to the power above for

some kind of Divine Intervention. Biden

believes himself to be holier than Trump

although in reality, on the 5th of November,

either of them could be singing,

Took an untrodden path once, where the swift don't win the race

It goes to the worthy, who can divide the word of truth

Took a stranger to teach me, to look into justice's beautiful face

And to see an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.” (  Bob Dylan: I and I

Fact is

“Two bulls can't reign in one pen

Two lions can't roar in a small den”  ( Steel Pulse: Bad Man

Cornelius Hamelberg

Jun 29, 2024, 1:42:04 PM (4 days ago) Jun 29
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

cornelius...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2024, 7:33:52 AM (3 days ago) Jun 30
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

“Sitting on a sofa on a Sunday afternoon

Going to the candidates debate

Laugh about it, shout about it

When you've got to choose

Every way you look at this, you lose” ( Mrs Robinson)

“Old lady judges watch people in pairs

Limited in sex, they dare

To push fake morals, insult and stare

While money doesn’t talk, it swears

Obscenity, who really cares

Propaganda, all is phoney” (It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)

BTW, I wonder how Cornel West is reacting to Trump thumping Biden

How would a debate between West and Messrs Trump & Biden go ?

He would give both of them what Yaya Fanusie would describe as “an intellectual beating”

For me, it’s s early Sunday morning, I forgot my prayers etc  I’m feeling repentant and full of remorse that I could un-American-ly dream of comparing the Mighty United States’ veteran contenders for the presidential crown as pugilists as they slug it out, exchanging insults on that awful & historic debate evening, not at the Madison Square Garden where the world champions usually slug it out but at a more genteel & civilised venue, a CNN studio in Georgia and without a live audience to egg them on. The children’s nursery rhyme still goes,” sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me”, however, all bigwig American commentators who covered the match between the burly Trump standing tall at 1.90 m, and weighing in at  98 kg and the effete, 7 centimetres shorter , frail, spritely, and sometimes lost & sickly-looking Biden who limped on to the stage assisted by his first and only lady Jill to whom he has been faithfully wed for 46 years (like Methuselah/ Robert Mugabe/ Paul Biya, she also wants to continue as first lady until 2028 and beyond) the sad situation takes us takes us backs to these lines: ” The American Century betrayed by a mad Senate which no longer sleeps with its wife”  - and that's one of the reasons why she’s praying fervently that her husband should be elected to faithfully serve America until he is 86 years old, as the feeble commander-in-chief of the military and the monetary , navigate America through the impending wars with Russia, China, North Korea, Armageddon in the Middle East & the South China Sea , etc - her husband & Kamala Harris and not that Big Bad Wolf Trump who her husband says has ”the morals of an alley cat” ( like Bill Clinton inside the oval office)

In addition to knowing, just as Mrs Robinson knows that Jesus loves you more than you will know” and that “Heaven holds a place for those who pray”, so too, dear Mrs Biden  knows that when anyone including her president or former president acts like a pugilist then he is a pugilist. Oh, he might be a pugilist by merely bombing Vietnam with some napalm, but a pugilist  is a pugilist is a pugilist,  just as a bigamist is a bigamist is a bigamist, Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose, and as Genocide Joe himself would like to add, “ a felonist is a felonist is a felonist”, just as a sinner is a sinner is a sinner, and he should thank God that he’s not the only one,  “for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory”

Pugilism and knocking out was probably lurking at the back of my mind through this poem by Allen Polite and you can imagine what my part time mentor Allen would have been saying about that historic  Biden - Trump debate  today, even though it’s clear, here :

US

U.S./ US

US, we got everything, US
Cars, bars
Shoes, jewels, Us
houses, louses
and in God we trust

US we gonna make it
or bust
We got banks, tanks, cranks
Diggers, jiggers
Fright, blight, plight
and might
We plow boys & cowboys
got chores, boors, whores
big stores, sharp claws
& tough jaws

But we ain't got the freedom that
we talk about
And we ain't got the culture
that we like to flout

That's why war is our passion
and we love a bout
Cause there is nothing like a real knockout.

cornelius...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2024, 12:11:24 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to USA Africa Dialogue Series
For those in doubt or in denialism :

REAL Bible Believers ( one year ago) Trump 2024 -according to Dr. Gene Kim

The Africa News Network ( 8 hours ago) Russia's President Putin Fearlessly Lectures the US

Add to that the latest election results in France….

The only good news today : Football glory to ( in alphabetical order)  England and Spain