British Writer Pens A Description Of Trump

K. Gozie Ifesinachukwu

Jun 4, 2020, 2:13:26 AM6/4/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

https://coming42.livejournal.com/479179.html

British Writer Pens The Best Description Of Trump I’ve Read

·         Apr. 24th, 2020 at 11:38 AM

Laurence, Olivier

“Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/coming42/10385844/55924/55924_600.jpg

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead. There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum. God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart. In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish: ‘My God… what… have… I… created?' If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.

"The only limitation to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today"--Franklin D. Roosevelt

image001.jpg
image002.jpg

O O

Jun 4, 2020, 2:49:32 AM6/4/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
“Psychologistic” and culturally shallow armchair-biography, wrapped around pandering at its lowest.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 4, 2020, at 1:13 AM, K. Gozie Ifesinachukwu <kgi...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

K. Gozie Ifesinachukwu

Jun 4, 2020, 2:04:11 PM6/4/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Pandering to whom exactly? Trump’s actions this week only confirmed what the writer penned back in April.

On Jun 4, 2020, at 1:49 AM, 'O O' via USA Africa Dialogue Series <usaafric...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

“Psychologistic” and culturally shallow armchair-biography, wrapped around pandering at its lowest.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 4, 2020, at 1:13 AM, K. Gozie Ifesinachukwu <kgi...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

<image001.jpg>

[...]

<image002.jpg>

Harrow, Kenneth

Jun 4, 2020, 3:06:14 PM6/4/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
i think it is great, spot on. seen it circulating too.
of course, it turns a blind eye to their own boris, who shares a fair amount of the traits he excoriates in trump. we live in an age of rightwingers. but trump is the worse, by far. no question.
the u.s. divided between his supporters and opponents. just as the u.k. is.
you can't generalize about americans or brits, we are too divided. right now people on fb are unfriending those who support trump. hard to imagine even conversing with them
ken

kenneth harrow

professor emeritus

dept of english

michigan state university

517 803-8839

har...@msu.edu

Jun 4, 2020, 5:44:51 PM6/4/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

A week is a long time in politics

That description of Trump was written in 2019. Trump has become a lot worse since then.  He has become feebler since then, a little softer in the head, more self-anointed, more self-exalting, and a lot more hard-hearted. As the Quran al Karim says,

“Then, even after that, your hearts were hardened and became as rocks, or worse than rocks, for hardness. For indeed there are rocks from out which rivers gush, and indeed there are rocks which split asunder so that water floweth from them. And indeed, there are rocks which fall down for the fear of Allah. Allah is not unaware of what ye do.” (Quran 2: 74)

 Islamophobes should know about this: Love and Hatred for the Sake of Allah

Since he became President Trump has hired and fired so many people.

The Trump administration: a list of  dismissals and resignations

The child is the father of the man”, but looka here:

Here was babyface Trump back in 1998 - on BBC Hardtalk.

Little did we know then that he would be elected President a sixteen years later (in 2016)

Since he became president even the colour of his peroxide blonde hair has changed a little, from day to day – he probably fired the coiffeur he had at the beginning. He could have looked into the mirror and decided to tell the truth to his coiffeur: “You’re fired!”

Since he became President he has continued to grow in notoriety, in arrogance, and in deceitful swagger. He has been given the run around by the leader of North Korea who has been toying with him. Really funny – he always returns to the United States that he wants to make great again to tell his rednecks that it's a done  deal, that  Kim has agreed to give up North Korea’s nuclear warheads, only to have Kim fire a few test missiles over the Sea of Japan, a week later, to remind Trump that the deal has not been done yet, and will never be done. Ditto Saddam. If Saddam had had nuclear weapons/ “weapons of mass destruction”, Baby Bush wouldn’t have dared to attack Saddam. Nor would Israel. For all his big talk (paper tiger) Trump will never attack North Korea, Russia or China. Why? Because  he fears.  He knows that if he does, he and his presidency would be obliterated. He knows this.

It’s written in Trump’s Bible: by his namesake St. John. the Apostle of Jesus Christ: “ Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32)

Trump didn’t like Rex Tillerson referring to him, America’s greatest Donald as “a moron”,  he thought that  Tillerson wasn’t telling the truth, that Tillerson was lying – like “ Lyin Hillary”.  Trump was hurt (bruised ego), so Trump fired Tillerson.  Having learned the lesson, it’s not “Pompeo had better be careful” - Pompeo, is very careful. Trump wants and needs someone who can titillate his presidential ego.

Calabash

Cornelius Hamelberg

Jun 4, 2020, 6:09:20 PM6/4/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
That description  of America's Greatest President has been circulating for more than a year now. Question is has he got a lot better or a lot worse.
 Apostle Bob Marley , asked the question. What's the answer?

Let them all pass all their dirty remarks (one love)
There is one question I'd really love to ask (one heart)
Is there a place for the hopeless sinner
Who has hurt all mankind just to save his own?"  (One Love

Cornelius Hamelberg

Jun 5, 2020, 6:33:11 PM6/5/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Correction:  Re - the maths after Trump on BBC Hardtalk in 1998.
Should read,  "Little did we know then that he would be elected President eighteen years later (in 2016)