RE: USA Africa Dialogue Series - BREAKING: BOKO HARAM IS A CIA COVERT OPERATION – WIKILEAKS — The DEFENDER

OLAYINKA AGBETUYI

Dec 23, 2020, 4:00:55 AM12/23/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com, Ekitipanupo Forum

This is scary!
Can this really be true, that Boko Haram is actually an American creation to check the influence of China in Africa through the dismemberment of African states?

And all the time they are first to criticise the activities of their own creation in a calculated holier than thou attitude.

Toyin Adepoju what say you to this now?

Your dichotomy of West good and Islam bad crumbles in the face of these allegations if they are true!

OAA

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Dec 23, 2020, 7:41:08 AM12/23/20
to usaafricadialogue
Na you know.

I wonder how you came to associate Adepoju with such simplistic thinking.

You seem excited by this latest round of improbable tales of Boko Haram.

Why?

How does this claim square with known Boko Haram history?

Please write something exciting about Ifa and invite me.

That would be more like it.

Toyin

OLAYINKA AGBETUYI

Dec 23, 2020, 12:46:49 PM12/23/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com, usaafricadialogue

My response is due to the ' simplistic' thinking you have associated with Boko Haram in the past laying all blame at the feet of Muhammmadu Buhari ' the enabler' who was targeted himself before becoming president and from whose state hundreds of school children were abducted.

I have never seen you factor in the American angle because to you the Americans were always  the liberators ( who were busy compiling- tongue in cheek- the terrorism index for the consumption of the likes of Toyin Adepoju) and never the perpetrators.  Now this view appears to you to be simplistic.

I rest my case!

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020, 10:00 OLAYINKA AGBETUYI <yagb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Harrow, Kenneth

Dec 23, 2020, 5:07:20 PM12/23/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
i have heard the americans being blamed for everything, as if the cia were miraculously controlling all other countries.
i have opposed american imperialism all my life, but at the same time am skeptical that they are quite so all-encompassing etc.
who controls boko haram and the attacks on it? how much resources does america put in to its attacks in africa? how important is north nigeria to the states? i'd say very little. less and less as trump keeps withdrawing even africom.
look at somalia, of all places, where 700 american troops were withdrawn, before telling me that america cares at all about boko haram
ken

kenneth harrow

professor emeritus

dept of english

michigan state university

517 803-8839

har...@msu.edu

Dec 23, 2020, 5:08:20 PM12/23/20
to usaafricadialogue
Na wa for you.

I have written several essays on Boko Haram from before, during and after the GEJ era, tracing the groups ideological identity in relation to it's history, it's intersection with Northern Muslim politics in relation the PDP 2011 Atiku crisis and after, the 2013 State of Emergency and it's political and military context and outcomes, the pushback to the initiative  by people like Buhari and then governor Murtala Yanko, from there to the Chibok incident and the role of then Borno state governor Kassim Shettima to the outcomes and the ideological stance of Buhari on these issues in the context of the terrorist crisis of Fulani herdsmen militia within which practically everyone now recognises the sheer empowerment they have been given by a national ruler whom even his Northern constituency has dismissed as a failure on the security front in spite of his so pre-election claims of his prowess, which people like me saw through

In relation to Adepoju's scope of writing on Boko Haram for almost 10 years,  it's the stuff below you are choosing to present as an analysis.

On the so called American connection, on what grounds did it become credible to you?

Why not add the claim by Buhari that Boko Haram is the work of the GEJ govt?

Or the claim that it was created to decimate Buharis voting base?

Since to you a conspiracy theory, no matter how improbable, must be seen as having some value if it aligns with your wishes.

Should you not give more serious thought to what you write?