Fwd: FOR THE RECORD: On the Matter of Governance Fiasco and the Ekiti House of Assembly

Mobolaji Aluko

Nov 24, 2014, 8:34:09 PM11/24/14
to USAAfrica Dialogue, NaijaPolitics e-Group, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, OmoOdua, NiDAN, Ra'ayi, Yan Arewa, ekiti ekitigroups, Naija Elections

November 25, 2014

My People:

Our dear Ekiti State is in a governance fiasco at the moment....but let us first sort through the mess of our House of  Assembly:

Ekiti State has twenty six (26) constituencies, each of which produces a member of the Assembly. The present fourth legislative dispensation was inaugurated on 6th June 2011.

On one side, we have the "G-19", led by Speaker Omirin:

1.  Speaker: Rt. Hon. Dr. Omirin Adewale Albert - Gbonyin
2.  Deputy Speaker: Hon. Bar. Orisalade Adetunji Taiwo  - Ido-Osi II
3.  Majority Leader: Hon. Adedipe Churchill Olubunmi - Irepodun/Ifelodun I
4.  Deputy Majority Leader: Hon. Alabi Olajide Idowu - Ise-Orun
5.  Chief Whip: Hon. Ajayi isaac Adebowale - Oye I
6.  Deputy Chief  Whip: Hon. Fasakin Kayode Ajayi - Ekiti West II
7.  Hon. Olaniyi Olajide  - Moba I
8.  Hon. Ogundele Gabriel Folorunsho -  Efon
9.  Hon. Oriniowo Olubunmi Anike - Ido Osi I
10. Hon. Ogunlola Omowunmi Olubunmi - Ijero
11. Hon. Adu Clement Sunday - Ikere II
12. Hon. Agidi Peter Tope - Ekiti Southwest I
13. Hon. Ogunrinde Ojo Olaseinde - Ekiti East I
14. Hon. Odu Ayodeji Olurotimi  - Irepodun/Ifelodun II
15. Hon. Erinle Samuel Olusegun - Ilejemeje
16. Hon. Shittu Ahmed Oluwaseyi - Ado I
17. Hon. Daramola Isreal Oluyomi - Ikere I
18. Hon. Odebunmi Olabode Gbenga - Ekiti West I
19. Hon. Boluwade Bolics Kehinde - Emure

On the other side, is the "G7":, led by "new Speaker" Olugbemi, almost all defectees (on October 14, 2014)  from APC to PDP:

*1.  Hon. Olugbemi Joseph Dele, Ikole II  [defected from APC to PDP]
*2.  Hon. Olayinka Modupe Abeni, Ado II  [defected from APC to PDP]
*3.  Hon. Ajiboye Israel Olowo Oye II [defected from APC to PDP]
*4.  Hon. Adeojo A. Ayodele South West II [defected from APC to PDP]
5.  Hon, Oyedele Ajibola Samuel - Ekiti East II [The Only original PDP member]
*6.  Hon. Fatunbi Olaide G.A. - Moba II [defected from APC to PDP]
*7.  Hon. Adeloye Adeyinka O -  Ikole I  [defected from APC to PDP]

There is of course a Phantom Three, so as to form a quorum from ten "House members":

The Group "P3":

1.  Honorary Hon. P1
2.  Honorary Hon. P2
3.  Honorary Hon. P3

Identities of the trio of Honorary Honorables unknown.

But for more information, let us wait for the Information Troika Lere Olayinka (New Media),  Lanre Ogunsuyi (Orientation), and Idowu Adelusi (Press).  Abi they are the trio sef?  Inquiring minds want to know....

We seek assurance, and we are getting it from no other than Lere:

And there you have it.

Bolaji Aluko

Shaking his head

Members of Ekiti House of Assembly

Hon. Omirin Adewale Albert
Gbonyin Constituency
Speaker
Chairman, Committee on Selection

Hon. Orisalade Adetunji Taiwo
Ido/Osi Constituency II
Deputy Speaker
Chairman, Committee on SIEC & International Agency

Hon. Churchill Adedipe O.
lrepodun/lfelodun Constituency I
Majority Leader
Chairman, Committee on Rules & Business

Hon. Alabi Olajide Idowu
lse/Orun Constituency
Dep. Majority Leader

Hon. Ajayi Isaac Adebowale
Oye Constituency I
Chief Whip
Chairman, Committee on Governor’s office Government House

Hon. Fasakin Kayode Ajayi
Ekiti West Constituency II
Deputy Chief Whip
Chairman, Committee on Anti Corruption

Hon. Oriniowo Olubunmi Anike
Ido/Osi Constituency I
Chairman, Committee on HIV/AIDS.

Hon. Shittu Ahmed Oluwaseyi
Ado Constituency I
Chairman, Committee on Physical, Urban & Regional Planning

Hon. Olayinka Modupe A.
Ado Constituency II
Chairman, Committee on Women Affairs, Social Development & Gender Empowerment

Hon. Ogundele Gabriel F.
Efon Constituency
Chairman, Committee on Environment, Lands & Housing

Hon. Ogunrinde Ojo Olaseinde
Ekiti East Constituency I
Chairman, Committee on Works and Transport

Hon. Oyedele Ajibola Samuel
Ekiti East Constituency II
Chairman, Committee on Ethics & Privilege

Hon. Odebunmi Olabode G.
Ekiti West Constituency I
Chairman, Committee on Finance & Appropriation

Hon. Agidi Peter Tope
Ekiti South West Constituency I
Chairman, Committee on Due Process, MDGS & Multilateral Relations

Hon. Adeojo A. Ayodele
Ekiti South West Constituency II
Chairman, Committee on Health

Hon. Boluwade Bolics Kehinde
Emure Constituency
Chairman, Committee on Education Science & Technology

Hon. Daramola Oluyomi Israel
lkere Constituency I
Chairman, Committee on House Services

Hon. Adu Clement Sunday
lkere Constituency II
Chairman, Committee on Public Service Maters, Employment & Human Capital Development

Hon. Adeloye Adeyinka O.
Ikole Constituency I
Chairman, Committee on Local Government & Chieftaincy Affairs

Hon. Olugbemi Joseph Dele
Ikole Constituency II
Chairman, Committee on Agriculture & Rural Development

Hon. Erinle Olusegun Samuel
llejemeje Constituency
Chairman, Committee on Public Petitions

Hon. Odu Ayodeji Olurotimi
Irepodun/lfelodun Constituency II
Chairman, Committee on Judiciary & Legal Matters

Hon. Olaniyi Olajide
Moba Constituency I
Chairman, Committee on PAC

Hon. Fatunbi Olaide J. A
Moba Constituency II
Chairman, Committee on Commerce Industry and Co-operatives

Hon. Ajiboye Israel Olowo
Oye Constituency II
Chairman, Committee on Public Utility

Hon. Ogunlola Omowunmi O.
Ijero Constituency
Chairman , Committee on HIV/AIDS

Mr Esan Joseph Awopetu
Clerk

olaka...@aol.com

Nov 24, 2014, 9:03:39 PM11/24/14
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, Omo...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, YanA...@yahoogroups.com, ekiti...@yahoogroups.com, naijael...@yahoogroups.com

Bolaji:

Thanks for the info and the pics of the members of the Ekiti state legislative
Assembly.

Apart from our sisters in the assembly who managed to affect genuine smiles
on their faces, only a few of the male members could smile for the camera.

These include the following:

Mr Esan Joseph Awopetu--I wonder why he is not also addressed as an Hon; it is quite possible that this is a personal choice on his part.

Hon. Orisalade Adetunji Taiwo

Hon. Ogundele Gabriel F.

Hon. Adeloye Adeyinka O.

Hon. Odebunmi Olabode G.

Hon. Olaniyi Olajide

The remaining 16 members look so stern that they remind one of the Agegbekoyas
of the late 1950s and 60s.

It could also be that their serious demeanor shows that they really mean to work
hard on the people's agenda.

if as I assume these pictures were taken in peace time, I wonder what they would like
now in 'war time' Ekiti state politics!

Bye,

Ola

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin