California-Style Gun Control: Does Not Work as Advertised

dyno dan

Nov 7, 2023, 9:18:55 AM11/7/23
"California is a case in point, as revealed by data compiled on the
website Statista.com.

The Statista survey looked at data between 1982 and October 2023
concerning episodes of a single attack with a firearm in a public
place that resulted in four or more fatalities between 1982 and 2012
or in three fatalities from 2013 onward (definitions that track a
database compiled by MotherJones.com).

Those figures show that California had by far the most such incidents
during the survey period, at 26."

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20231106/california-style-gun-control-does-not-work-as-advertised

How come the news media don't mention this?

-dan z-

--
Protect your civil rights!
Let the politicians know how you feel.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Mortimer Houghton

Nov 8, 2023, 10:29:36 PM11/8/23
dyno dan <lo...@is.important> writes:

>"California is a case in point, as revealed by data compiled on the
>website Statista.com.

>The Statista survey looked at data between 1982 and October 2023
>concerning episodes of a single attack with a firearm in a public
>place that resulted in four or more fatalities between 1982 and 2012
>or in three fatalities from 2013 onward (definitions that track a
>database compiled by MotherJones.com).

>Those figures show that California had by far the most such incidents
>during the survey period, at 26."

>https://www.nraila.org/articles/20231106/california-style-gun-control-does-not-work-as-advertised

>How come the news media don't mention this?

Maybe because it's well known that regional gun laws are compromised
by there being no effective controls for the movement of guns from
regions that don't impose gun restrictions, and that any gun law in
the US is basically swiss cheese due to the manner in which the
supreme court has interpreted the second amendment?

--
There are the known knowns, things we know we know;
and the known unknowns, things we know we do not know;

Scout

Nov 9, 2023, 9:55:21 AM11/9/23

"Mortimer Houghton" <mort...@VivoBook.X512D> wrote in message
> dyno dan <lo...@is.important> writes:
>
>>"California is a case in point, as revealed by data compiled on the
>>website Statista.com.
>
>>The Statista survey looked at data between 1982 and October 2023
>>concerning episodes of a single attack with a firearm in a public
>>place that resulted in four or more fatalities between 1982 and 2012
>>or in three fatalities from 2013 onward (definitions that track a
>>database compiled by MotherJones.com).
>
>>Those figures show that California had by far the most such incidents
>>during the survey period, at 26."
>
>>https://www.nraila.org/articles/20231106/california-style-gun-control-does-not-work-as-advertised
>

>>How come the news media don't mention this?
>
> Maybe because it's well known that regional gun laws are compromised
> by there being no effective controls for the movement of guns from
> regions that don't impose gun restrictions,

Federal law doesn't apply? Amazing.

> and that any gun law in
> the US is basically swiss cheese due to the manner in which the
> supreme court has interpreted the second amendment?

Well, shit, to think that SCOTUS is actually worried about laws that violate
our rights..

Amazing, just utterly amazing. After all, politicians should be able to
order us about at will.

Mortimer Houghton

Nov 15, 2023, 5:16:50 PM11/15/23
It's inconsistent to complain that gun laws aren't preventing gun violence
while also acknowledging that our current government is undermining the
effectiveness of those laws (to which you approve).

Scout

Jan 4, 2024, 12:43:54 PMJan 4

"Mortimer Houghton" <mort...@VivoBook.X512D> wrote in message
Gun laws don't prevent violence.
Government should undermine laws that violate our rights no matter how
'effective' they might be.

Seems like I am totally consistent.