Re: New type of geothermal power plant powers data centers in the desert

Jan Panteltje

Dec 2, 2023, 1:47:13 AM12/2/23
On a sunny day (Fri, 1 Dec 2023 11:42:33 -0000 (UTC)) it happened Mike Monett
VE3BTI <spa...@not.com> wrote in <XnsB0CD443FD8...@135.181.20.170>:

>Jeroen Belleman <jer...@nospam.please> wrote:
>
>>> As long as it is not a bitcoin mining plant ..:
>>> A single Bitcoin transaction could cost as much water as a backyard
>>> swimming pool:
>>> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2023/11/231129112406.htm
>>
>> Bitcoin should be terminated. It's criminally wasteful of real
>> resources.
>>
>> Jeroen Belleman
>
>Bitcoin is on a roll, increasing at a linear rate of $3,600 per month. It
>is expected to be approved by the SEC, which will increase the price. The
>next halving is in April, when the price will jump. I will be very rich
>before any action is taken on Bitcoin.
>
>The claim of water usage is rediculous. It is not taken from areas that
>have little, but only where it is plentiful. Microsoft is planting data
>centers underwater in the ocean for cooling.
>
>Transportation is the most energy-intensive process on the planet. Energy
>wasted idling in stop-and-go traffic is huge. Private jets use a
>significant amount, and regular passenger jets burn an enormous amount.
>
>Talk to me about Bitcoin when you have addressed the rest of the far
>greater energy wasted on other processes.

Bitcoin is a hoax, a way to white wash criminal money.
Bitcoin will evaporate in WW3 as will other electronic stuff
No more electrickety will do it.

And that WW3 comes closer and closer now israel is killing kids in Gaza again
that bunch of war criminals needs some adjustment ..

Will adverizers now leave Usenet! Good!

So, censoring X
I now no longer will use products or work with these companies:
Companies stopping advertizing on X after Musk remark.
https://observer.com/2023/11/companies-suspend-ad-spending-x-elon-musk/
The Walt Disney (DIS) Company
Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD)
Lionsgate
Apple
IBM
Comcast (CMCSA) (the parent company of NBCUniversal, Yaccarino’s former employer)
Paramount (PARA) Global
Sony Pictures
The Internet and Television Association
Freedom of speech matters to me.