Who is Robert Card? Identity of suspected Maine mass shooter is revealed by Internet sleuths

useapen

Oct 26, 2023, 5:47:48 AM10/26/23
LEWISTON, MAINE: Robert Card, 40, has been identified as at least one
potential suspect in the mass shooting in Lewiston, Maine, CBS reports.

After the gunman was spotted driving a white 2013 Subaru Outback with
license number 9246PD, police issued a BOLO notice.

The Subaru was discovered on Frost Hill Avenue, close to Route 196 near
Lisbon boat dock. According to reports, Card was born on April 4, 1983.

Robert is from Bowdoin Centre, Maine, reports Marca. CBS News journalist
David Begnaud tweeted that Card is a certified weapons instructor.

Card is thought to be stationed out of Saco, Maine, in the Army reserve.

In the summer of 2023, Card was admitted to a mental health institution
for a few weeks after disclosing mental health difficulties.

Maine mass shooting leaves at least 22 people dead
Latest reports state that the mass shooting on Wednesday, October 25
killed at least 22 people, CNN reports.

The shooting took place at three different locations - Schemengees Bar and
Grille Restaurant, Walmart distribution center and Sparetime Recreation
bowling alley, New York Post reports.

All residents now have an order to shelter in place.

"There is an active shooter situation in the city of Lewiston. Law
enforcement is asking people to shelter in place. A representative for the
Maine State Police, Shannon Moss, asked people to "stay inside your home
with the doors unlocked. If you see any suspicious activity or
individuals, please call 911."
On its website, Central Maine Medical Center claimed personnel were
"reacting to a mass casualty, mass shooter event" and were communicating
with other hospitals to take in patients.

A woman answering the phone in the emergency room stated that the hospital
was under lockdown and that no more details could be disclosed.

Locals recall horrifying shooting in Maine
Legends Sports Bar and Grill owner Melinda Small stated that when a
customer heard about the shooting at the bowling alley less than a quarter
of a mile away at approximately 7 pm, her staff promptly closed their
doors and relocated all 25 patrons and staff members away from the
entrance.

The police ultimately filled the road, and four people at a time were led
out of the building by a policeman.

"I am honestly in a state of shock. I am blessed that my team responded
quickly and everyone is safe," Small told The Associated Press.

He added, "But the same time, my heart is broken for this area and for
what everyone is dealing with. I just feel numb."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/missing-woman-felt-she-was-being-
watched-while-living-alone-before-disappearance/ar-AA1iQmJ9