Goodbye Germany, hello Fort Hood!

Justin Scott

Jan 16, 2003, 6:31:04 PM1/16/03
Well, it's that time once again folks, for the adventurous and
eventful endeavor known as the PCS move. I received my orders a few
months back assigning me to Fort Hood. Much to my disappointment I've
been pinpointed for the 1st CAV Replacement Detachment. I would
rather stay away from tanks for awhile since I've been in an Armor
unit for that past two years. I got my signed leave form in hand (35
days!) and all the appointments start next week. Flying out on
February 19. After a relaxing break at home I feel that I'm
inevitably bound for Kuwait when I get to Hood. Wish me luck, the fun
begins now! :-)

RTO Trainer

Jan 16, 2003, 8:55:58 PM1/16/03
On 16 Jan 2003 15:31:04 -0800, justin....@us.army.mil (Justin
Scott) wrote:

Stop Movement isn't keeping you where you are?

Helomech

Jan 16, 2003, 11:32:32 PM1/16/03

"RTO Trainer" <rtotr...@justice.com> wrote in message
The current stop movement went into effect in Dec 02, and lets anyone slated
for PCS / Transfer go until March 2003. All PCS and movements in March or
after are included in Stop Movement.

Helomech

Justin Scott

Jan 17, 2003, 11:11:18 AM1/17/03
RTO Trainer <rtotr...@justice.com> wrote in message news:<skoe2vkab21r5l6oi...@4ax.com>...

Nope. I'm within 60 days of PCS. I'm not in the window for stop
movement. Plus, I'm only going to another combat arms unit will more
than likely deploy to the middle east anyway. Gotta love those "go
anywhere" MOS'(which includes 31U)!

Dan

Jan 17, 2003, 11:21:11 AM1/17/03
"Justin Scott" <justin....@us.army.mil> wrote in message

welcome to "The Great Place" unless you have a pinpoint assignment, your
orders should have said 21st Replacement Det.
I'm stationed at Ft. Hood as well. winter finally got here this week BTW,
but will be gone in about a month.

Al Brennan

Jan 17, 2003, 2:55:20 PM1/17/03
Recently "Helomech" <Helo...@neb.rr.com> honored us.military.army
with:

So what would stop a soldier at say, Ft Hood, with PCS orders to Korea
for Feb 2003, from going to Korea? Will a deployment override the PCS
orders, regardless of the stop movement?

Robin Castor

Jan 17, 2003, 3:45:41 PM1/17/03

"Helomech" <Helo...@neb.rr.com> wrote in message

Okay...I missed a memo somewhere along the line...My brother in law is due
to PCS in mid July from Vicenze, Italy to Ft. Benning. Is stop movement for
the entire Army, certain people, what? I all blinked and missed something.
Hate it when that happens!

Robin
(whose ex-husband has apparently landed in Germany and has started paper
work...part of 1st AD so guess who's going to Iraq after just going to
Afghanistan...ain't he lucky?)

--
"Not all who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien

Helomech

Jan 17, 2003, 7:14:47 PM1/17/03

"Al Brennan" <bjy...@ubgznvy.pbz> wrote in message

There are always exceptions, and most are determined by the losing unit. In
other words, if your unit is getting ready to deploy, it doesn't have to let
you PCS elsewhere.

Helomech

Jan 17, 2003, 7:20:20 PM1/17/03

"Robin Castor" <goldie...@charter.net> wrote in message

From what I read, Stop Loss in the army is by MOS only, and then only
certian critical MOS's.
(At least that is the last word I saw published).

Stop movement goes into effect in March 03, for the entire army.
If you have a pcs that starts prior to March, you go. After that, you are
stuck where you are until it ends.
(Published in the Army times last week).

Although I bet there will be "exemptions".

Helomech

Justin Scott

Jan 17, 2003, 10:14:19 PM1/17/03
"Dan" <sabot...@hot.rr.com> wrote in message news:<X3WV9.62313$Pb.23...@twister.austin.rr.com>...

Actually, my orders state 1st Calvalry Division Replacement
Detachment. Uh oh. But I've been told that 1st CAV is transforming
into a Force XXI division.

Dan

Jan 17, 2003, 10:18:32 PM1/17/03
"Justin Scott" <justin....@us.army.mil> wrote in message

true. all of III corps is supposed to get digitized. 1BDE 4ID was the
tesbed, now everyone is supposed to get the digital treatment. no biggie,
just computers on vehicles basically. stop by Range Control when you get in.
ask for 33Charlie

M500cm

Jan 18, 2003, 7:43:05 AM1/18/03
>Nope. I'm within 60 days of PCS. I'm not in the window for stop
>movement. Plus, I'm only going to another combat arms unit will more
>than likely deploy to the middle east anyway. Gotta love those "go
>anywhere" MOS'(which includes 31U)!

My son is a 31U at Ft. Hood. They are on stand down after returning
from the NTC in December.

Justin Scott

Jan 18, 2003, 8:37:47 AM1/18/03
"Dan" <sabot...@hot.rr.com> wrote in message news:<cI3W9.63026$Pb.24...@twister.austin.rr.com>...

Good stuff. More than likely I'll be the one maintaining all of this
digitized equipment being a 31U. Good training. I look forward to
all that Hood (and Texas) has to offer.

Robin Castor

Jan 18, 2003, 1:36:21 PM1/18/03

"Helomech" <Helo...@neb.rr.com> wrote in message

Is that 13 Jan's Army Times? I have that one...why did I mess that? Why
did my honey miss that one? Hmm...I'll have to go back and look.

A sidenote about Army Times...you don't by any chance have 6 Jan's Army
Times that you'd be willing to let go of, do you? Most of the 187th
(RAKKASAN!) guys in the "Year in Pictures" I know and was nice and gave my
copy to my ex... I'd really appreciate it but would understand if you
laughed at me : )

Robin