A buddy is back from afganistan!

Keith

Oct 31, 2002, 5:18:08 PM10/31/02
A friend of mine a couple years ago, went to Basic, Airborne, Air Assault,
then Ranger training right after graduating high school... I just heard
from my recruiter, that he just got back from his 2nd tour in afganistan!
Does anyone know how long a "tour" is?

-Keith

Steve Conklin

Oct 31, 2002, 5:28:18 PM10/31/02
Keith wrote:

Not to be cute or anything, but I think we're still in the "as long as it
takes" phase. Units are being rotated based on Centcom's needs.

Steve

David Goldfarb

Oct 31, 2002, 6:50:40 PM10/31/02
I know a guy that just go0t back also... he spent 6 months over there to the
day... Im not saying that is definetly how long your buddy was there but i
would bet on 6 months.

"Keith" <ke...@bulldogcreations.com> wrote in message

47Driver

Nov 1, 2002, 2:40:28 PM11/1/02
Most of my unit was over there for 8 months, then back in the US for 4
months and then we are heading back again. How fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Gunter

CH-47D Chinook Pilot
http://www.ch47.org
webm...@ch47.org

-----------!-----------
-----------!----------- /=====|
|===\_________/{===< |
/_] o__o__o__o__o /
<_]___[______________ /
o o

"David Goldfarb" <halc...@charter.net> wrote in message

Cindi Prudhomme

Nov 1, 2002, 6:12:59 PM11/1/02

47Driver <webm...@ch47.org> wrote in message
<snip>

> Ken Gunter
>
> CH-47D Chinook Pilot

Right on.....I got to hitch a ride in one of those about 6 years ago when we
worked with some National Guardsmen who were on exercise with us in Petawawa
(Ontario, Canada). One of the pilots was a Vietnam vet (by the name of
Johnny.....yeah, I know...big help..lol) and had some fun showing us all
about contour flying. <g> More than a few people lost their lunches that
day....

Cindi

David Casey

Nov 1, 2002, 6:19:39 PM11/1/02
On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 18:12:59 -0500, Cindi Prudhomme wrote:

> Right on.....I got to hitch a ride in one of those about 6 years ago when we
> worked with some National Guardsmen who were on exercise with us in Petawawa
> (Ontario, Canada). One of the pilots was a Vietnam vet (by the name of
> Johnny.....yeah, I know...big help..lol) and had some fun showing us all
> about contour flying. <g> More than a few people lost their lunches that
> day....

It's even more fun in a Blackhawk when the pilot flies over a cliff and
drops down as fast as they can. ;-)

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!
www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Marvin

Nov 1, 2002, 11:08:37 PM11/1/02
And how would a leg slug like you know about this, Dave?

David Casey

Nov 1, 2002, 11:20:51 PM11/1/02
On Sat, 02 Nov 2002 04:08:37 GMT, Marvin wrote:

>> It's even more fun in a Blackhawk when the pilot flies over a cliff and
>> drops down as fast as they can. ;-)
>

> And how would a leg slug like you know about this, Dave?

Gee, I don't know. How do you know about being an asshole all the time?

Hint: Experience...

Douglas Berry

Nov 2, 2002, 12:10:15 AM11/2/02
On Sat, 02 Nov 2002 04:08:37 GMT, a wanderer, known to us only as
Marvin <Marv...@nspamhotmail.com> warmed at our fire and told this
tale:

>And how would a leg slug like you know about this, Dave?

Wakey-wakey asshole! It's time for your lesson on how the real Army
works!

Legs ride in Blackhawks. Hell, the entire 101st Airborne (Air
Assault) rode in them, and we had the usual percentage of
airborne-qualified troops.

In fact, helicopters were adapted in large numbers specifically to
enable large infantry formations to move quickly. They were
*designed* to carry legs.

Man, are you really this dumb?
--

Douglas E. Berry grid...@mindspring.com
http://gridlore.home.mindspring.com/index.html

"Where is the prince who can afford so to cover
his country with troops for its defense, as that
ten thousand men descending from the clouds, might
not,in many places, do an infinite deal of mischief
before a force could be brought together to repel
them?" - BENJAMIN FRANKLIN-1784

Douglas Berry

Nov 2, 2002, 12:10:37 AM11/2/02
On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:19:39 -0700, a wanderer, known to us only as
David Casey <david...@spamcop.net> warmed at our fire and told this
tale:

>It's even more fun in a Blackhawk when the pilot flies over a cliff and

>drops down as fast as they can. ;-)

Best roller-coaster on Earth.

Cindi Prudhomme

Nov 2, 2002, 5:00:59 PM11/2/02

David Casey <david...@spamcop.net> wrote in message

> It's even more fun in a Blackhawk when the pilot flies over a cliff and
> drops down as fast as they can. ;-)
>
> Dave

Woohoo! <g> Maybe one of these days....

Cindi

Colin Campbell

Nov 2, 2002, 5:39:47 PM11/2/02
On Sat, 02 Nov 2002 04:08:37 GMT, Marvin <Marv...@nspamhotmail.com>
wrote:

>And how would a leg slug like you know about this, Dave?

Maybe because he has done it?

"It's not American foreign policy, or the plight of the
Palestinians, or America's longstanding support for Israel.
A group of people with money and weaponry have simply
decided that we, as a civilization, are unfit to live, and
want, eventally, to exterminate us."
'Christian Century' magazine

Colin Campbell

Nov 2, 2002, 5:40:22 PM11/2/02
On Fri, 01 Nov 2002 21:10:15 -0800, Douglas Berry
<grid...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Man, are you really this dumb?

Yes, he is.

David Casey

Nov 2, 2002, 6:29:44 PM11/2/02
On Sat, 02 Nov 2002 22:39:47 GMT, Colin Campbell wrote:

>>And how would a leg slug like you know about this, Dave?
>
> Maybe because he has done it?

It sounds to me like Marvin is jealous about how lacking his military
career really was. It also sounds to me like I'd done more before I was
promoted to E-4 than he did during his entire enlistment.

charles krin

Nov 4, 2002, 4:16:20 PM11/4/02
On Fri, 01 Nov 2002 21:10:37 -0800, Douglas Berry
<grid...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:19:39 -0700, a wanderer, known to us only as
>David Casey <david...@spamcop.net> warmed at our fire and told this
>tale:
>
>>It's even more fun in a Blackhawk when the pilot flies over a cliff and
>>drops down as fast as they can. ;-)
>
>Best roller-coaster on Earth.

chuckle...never got a chance to do NOE in 'Hawks...but it was fun with
the doors pinned back and the monkey harnesses on back in the days
when we had UH-1Vs at Fort Sill.....

and the ex never did understand why even the fancy roller coasters
held no particular thrill for me...

ck
Charles S. Krin, DO FAAFP
Six essential elements of "good training": you gotta be cold, wet, tired,
hungry, pissed off and doing something stupid. Glenn Dowdy

David Goldfarb

Nov 3, 2002, 12:29:04 PM11/3/02
I am a blackhawk crewcheif so i get to do all that sitting sideways!!!

Yea I love my job.

Cindi Prudhomme

Nov 5, 2002, 1:56:31 AM11/5/02

> I am a blackhawk crewcheif so i get to do all that sitting sideways!!!
>
> Yea I love my job.

Ya lucky bastid! <sigh>

--

Cindi

"If you are in a fair fight, your tactics suck."
- Herschel Davis
"The road to truth is long, and lined the entire way with annoying
bastards."
- Alexander Jablokov