Why the U.S. government approach to open government is flailing – and how to fix it

Alexander Howard

Jun 21, 2024, 11:00:42 AMJun 21
Hi all --

My apologies for any cross-posting. I hope you're all staying cool in this heat.

On June 10, I filed a comment in response to the GSA's RFC, finding that the U.S. government's self-assessment suffers from opacity and omission.

You can find it on Regulations.gov, along with two other (much shorter!) comments on the docket.

I've posted it as HTML, with the links to outside websites that the GSA said wouldn't be acceptable in the filing:

It's not a short comment, so I've summarized the analysis here and added more context:

Feedback welcome, as always.

Best,
Alex