What we need to do.

Micha Blair

Oct 26, 2022, 2:35:05 PM10/26/22
to US Open Government
I need to catch up on my last post because I fell behind on it. I am embarrassed about how I made several edits on a post and even though I deleted them it seemed to keep them all in the summary so it is rather redundant if you try to read it, I apologize.

I don't know how well this system works but we need to find a way how to get those who are in charge of making changes to pay attention to what is going on here and to do something about it. We need to remind them that they work for us and it is a government for the people by the people. I want to make sure you guys have an out if there is something you see where change needs to be involved in order to improve our country. I don't want your efforts here to be in vein. We might already be there and I just don't know. I think that if we can supply ample evidence that a certain change would be a good idea those who are on the payroll should be taking action as to things that they find here, it is their civil duty and what they collect their very generous paychecks for. I would hate someone to have to take action that doesn't get paid for it because there generous time and effort is involved and they should get compensated for it.

Please let me know if I am out of line or if anybody disagrees.

I don't know how we can get this done.

I am going to get caught up on my previous post even though I don't see it taking any motion even if it is a good idea.

Micha Blair

Oct 26, 2022, 2:36:50 PM10/26/22
to US Open Government
I want us to be able to reach the top levels of government through this avenue. I'm sure that's what we all want.

Micha Blair

Oct 26, 2022, 3:09:06 PM10/26/22
to US Open Government
Maybe this is all just pointless and nothing needs to change. I truly apologize if that's the case, that's what it's looking like right now. Thank you all for your service, it is greatly appreciated.

Rand Strauss

Oct 26, 2022, 10:52:16 PM10/26/22
to US Open Government
> get those .. in charge .. to do something about it
> they work for us and it is a government for the people

There is no "us", unless WE ALL think there's an "us."  Most think it's us vs them, so we're at best divided. Actually, if we didn't have the 2 parties, we'd be split even more ways.

WE can't communicate with those in charge because there's no US, plus the communication doesn't scale. THEY get communication from millions and don't know how it adds up and can't reply.

What we need is a communication system for politics that scales. For a starting point, see PeopleCount.org/intro.htm
You're welcome to help with support, or wait...
Best wishes!
Rand