Video from today's public meeting of the Chief FOIA Officers Council

Alexander Howard

Apr 17, 2024, 5:48:40 PMApr 17
to us-open-g...@googlegroups.com, transparenc...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks to OGIS Director Semo & OIP Director Talebian for fielding so many questions today, & State Department Chief FOIA Officer Eric Stein for his fulsome answers.

Thanks to the National Archives, video of today's public meeting is online, unlike the one hosted by the Justice Department.
Progress! I'll summarize answers to my questions, separately. I hope that the Justice Department seriously considers my request to co-create a new agency open government plan with stakeholders, as we discussed, and that issuing guidance recommending a "release-to-one, release-to-all" policy for agencies is part of it, along with added support and capacity for smaller agencies to increase their proactive (and reactive!) disclosures online.

Johny Castelli

Apr 18, 2024, 7:14:24 PMApr 18
to US Open Government
Thank you Alexander ! Completely agree with you point if view ... especially with departments like the DOJ, CIA,FBI, DHS,DOD... I have said what i am going to type publically and privately before ... The only consistency is the inconsistency in the dissemination of information and the complete lackluster and nonchalant attitude attitude towards constitutional reform and ensuring that the focus and spotlight isn't on the mob-like intimidation direction coming from the department heads but on ensuring that the citizens are treated like individuals rather than like cattle.

Thanks in sdvance
Johny Castelli
5518886383 and/or y464084435