FW: [foianet] Organisations looking for support with working with data - call for applications now!

Patrice McDermott

Feb 16, 2015, 11:30:02 AM2/16/15
to o...@dgroups.org, us-open-g...@googlegroups.com

Patrice

OpenTheGovernment.org

202 332 6736

From: FOIAnet [mailto:foianet...@lists.foiadvocates.info] On Behalf Of Zara Rahman
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 6:45 AM
To: foi...@lists.foiadvocates.info
Subject: [foianet] Organisations looking for support with working with data - call for applications now!

Hi all,

(This is not directly related to FOI work, but from what I've heard from people in this community, I thought some of you might be interested in applying as host organisations. I hope you don't mind me sharing this here!)

School of Data has opened its call for Call for Applications for the School of Data fellowship programme, and as with last year’s programme, we’re looking for data trainers to spread data skills around the world, joining the thriving School of Data network, and contributing to growing their data-literate community among civil society wherever they are based, through a 9-month programme with us. More details in the Call for Fellows blog post.

Specifically for this community: we’re also looking for local NGOs/media outlets in developing countries who want to boost their data literacy levels, to host the fellows this year and receive custom data trainings and support- you can read more about what this entails in the Call for Hosts blog post. We're holding an online Hangout for potential hosts to ask us questions on Thursday 19th February, 4pm CET, which you are all most welcome to join.

Please share this call as widely within your networks - we welcome and encourage diversity, and providing a welcoming and inclusive environment is very important to us!

Any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch either with me directly or with the School of Data team on in...@schoolofdata.org .

Very best,

Zara

--