Former White House open gov leads react to OGP National Action Plan

Cori Zarek

Feb 28, 2019, 2:22:58 PM2/28/19
to US Open Government, transparenc...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Today, Mary Beth Goodman and I published a piece reacting to last week's release of the fourth U.S. Open Government National Action Plan and we wanted to share it with these groups.

As I tweeted last week, I have tremendous appreciation for the many, many colleagues still in government who are working tirelessly to carry out important open government work in spite of the challenges around them. We also recognize that the massive shift in the political leadership around these issues means that we, in civil society, can't approach open government as we have in the past. We need to rethink our engagement and activity.

As we note in the piece, we're not quite sure how, but we hope to engage with all of you on ways that we can further open government efforts in the current landscape.

Hope to see many of you during Sunshine Week if not sooner. Thanks again to everyone keeping up the good fight!

Cori