OMB's #PPCE "federal framework"; Status of?

Stephen Buckley

Jul 12, 2024, 1:31:11 PM (10 days ago) Jul 12
to MBX OMB OIRA Public Participation, US Open Government
Hello,

The purpose of this message is to request information on the development status of a "federal framework" for Public Participation/Community Engagement (PPCE).

I can't find the reference, but I seem to remember that, following your office's review of public comments to its RFI on PPCE, you would be sharing a document (in July?) as to what you see as the main "themes" from all that input.

I am hoping that is accurate, but would like some clarification and confirmation about "next steps".

I am asking because I am concerned that it may resemble the stunted development of the OMB's "Open Govermment Directive" (M-10-06) .. where thousands of Americans provided input but, after that, no draft was ever offered for public feedback!

In the spirit of transparency and inclusiveness, I am cc:ing the email-group on U.S. Open Government, so that they may see my inquiry.  If your reply-all can not be posted to that group, then I will forward the response that I receive from you.

Thank you, in advance, for your attention on this question about your work on this very important issue.

sincerely,

Stephen Buckley
U.S. Open Government liaison
Int'l. Assn. for Public Participation