The Justice Department is open to co-creating a new Open Government Plan & adding new commitments to the 5th US NAP for OGP

Alexander Howard

Apr 28, 2024, 10:58:47 AMApr 28
to us-open-g...@googlegroups.com, transparenc...@googlegroups.com, openg...@googlegroups.com, OPENG...@listserv.gsa.gov
Hello all!
Happy Sunday. My apologies for any cross-posting.

Last week, the Justice Department told me they were open to adding new
commitments on FOIA to the 5th U.S. National Action Plan on Open
Government: https://civic-texts.ghost.io/insights-justice-qa-foia/ The
White House continues to refuse – despite the USA joining the Steering
Committee of the Open Government Partnership & the US government's
documented failures to engage the American public & co-create a plan
with us in 2022.

I doubt the DoJ will do either without White House support, though, as
all agencies have been careful to not get ahead of the administration.
As a result, agencies & civil society are all much further behind than
we should be in April 2024.