Open Government Public Meeting

Philip Ashlock - QQA

Nov 12, 2021, 11:39:14 AM11/12/21
to us-open-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello Open Government Community,

You're invited to the first Open Government Public Meeting of the Biden-Harris Administration. This meeting will provide an update on the state of open government efforts in the US Government, including work on current and future Open Government Partnership National Action Plans, along with opportunities for public input and comment. The meeting will include representatives from the White House and the interagency open government community. A more detailed agenda will be forthcoming, but the basic details are provided below.

When: Nov 30, 2021 03:00pm-4:30pm Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting: https://gsa.zoomgov.com/meeting/register/vJIsceCsrDMsH0MtDHM8nC2YFC-Qmr2Cs1o
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

Best,
Phil

--
Philip Ashlock
GSA Technology Transformation Services

Philip Ashlock - QQA

Nov 29, 2021, 12:48:46 PM11/29/21
to us-open-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks, you can now find the agenda for the November 30th public meeting at https://open.usa.gov/meeting/november-2021-public-meeting/ and we encourage you to share that link with other civil society organizations and folks who would like to be more engaged in the US National Action Plan process.
--
Philip Ashlock
Director, Data & Analytics Portfolio

Philip Ashlock - QQA

Mar 16, 2022, 11:42:52 AM3/16/22
to us-open-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

The page for the November 30th public meeting at https://open.usa.gov/meeting/november-2021-public-meeting/ was updated with the video recording of the meeting, the meeting slides, and a video of Administrator Carnahan's speech at the OGP Summit which was mentioned during the meeting. I know we are long overdue for a follow-up with more details and actionable steps towards the 5th National Action Plan as well as opportunities for more immediate open government actions, but we've been busy behind the scenes to ensure we have a solid foundation for this work moving forward.

Best,
Phil

Alexander Howard

Mar 16, 2022, 1:38:22 PM3/16/22
to Philip Ashlock - QQA, us-open-g...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Phil! Can you please post President Biden's remarks to OGP on open.usa.gov as well?

I wrote out a transcript, if you'd like to pull from it to post his statement. https://e-pluribusunum.org/2021/12/16/what-was-missing-from-president-bidens-remarks-on-the-open-government-summit/

My favorite part was when he said " let us stand with those in civil society and courageous citizens around the world who are demanding transparency of their governments. And let us all work together to hold governments accountable for the people they serve"

Alexander B. Howard
Director, Digital Democracy Project | governing.digital
410.849.9808 | @digiphile | He / him

Alexander Howard

Mar 21, 2022, 10:33:58 AM3/21/22
to Philip Ashlock - QQA, ogp--us-civil-soci...@googlegroups.com, transparenc...@googlegroups.com, us-open-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello all —

Sorry for cross-posting.

If the White House doesn’t publicize this second meeting, post, amplify Biden’s remarks from December, & publicly commits to
1) engaging all Americans about it in the weeks ahead — the 8th commitment in 4th NAP! — & 2) including good government nonprofit’ priorities in a new plan

…then I will formally request OGP put the USA under review, issues the IRM report on the Trump’s administration’s failure & Biden administration’s silence & inaction, & recommend that no US civil society groups participate until we see changes.

We should expect far more from an administration and presidency focused on anti-corruption on transparency policy, personnel, programs, & support for reforms.

Opacity by obscurity must not be the way forward on open government — it’s actively undermining US diplomacy, foreign policy, national security, public health, & rebuilding broken trust in our government.