Finding 2020 Congressional Innovation Fellows through 9/3

Travis Moore

Aug 14, 2019, 3:48:28 PM8/14/19
to US Open Government

Hi everyone!

My org, TechCongress is recruiting for our 2020 Congressional Innovation Fellowship, placing technologists to serve as tech policy advisors to top Members of Congress (offices like. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO) and the House Oversight Committee).

There are just three weeks left in our recruitment— do you know any good candidates or groups of prospective candidates you could forward information to?

The program pays an $82,400 stipend and other benefits and fellows have done incredible work like:

  • Passing the OPEN Government Data Act into law

  • Investigating the Equifax and OPM breaches and Cambridge Analytica

  • Securing changes to defense procurement policy to allow startups to better compete with big government contractors

We’re recruiting through 9/3 and there's more information here: https://www.techcongress.io/the-fellowship

We also just opened nominations for the program, and offer a $500 diversity referral award to anyone that refers us to a fellow from an underrepresented community.  22 of 23 of our fellows to date found out about the program from a friend or colleague. Thank you ahead of time for helping us find some great candidates! https://www.techcongress.io/nominate

Thank you ahead of time for the help!  Retweets are also super helpful! https://twitter.com/congressfellows/status/1156605633040228352

Travis

J. Albert Bowden

Aug 14, 2019, 4:54:03 PM8/14/19
to Travis Moore, US Open Government
"Investigating the Equifax and OPM breaches and Cambridge Analytica"

Considering their respective outcomes, these are not very appealing selling points to me.

Cori Zarek

Aug 15, 2019, 12:38:58 AM8/15/19
to J. Albert Bowden, Travis Moore, US Open Government
This is an incredible organization and fellowship program and we need more like it. Thanks, Travis, for your leadership.

There’s certainly no shortage of qualified talent looking to bring their skills to solve some of society’s hardest problems and I’m looking forward to supporting the recruiting effort and meeting the next class of fellows.

Cori

J. Albert Bowden

Aug 15, 2019, 8:27:44 AM8/15/19
to Cori Zarek, Travis Moore, US Open Government
no one said it wasn't incredible.
no one said we didn't need more like it.