Re: RSVP: PMA Event - Driving Results for All

Alexander Howard

Jun 12, 2024, 1:15:08 PMJun 12
to opengovernme...@gsa.gov, MBX OSTP OpenGov, OPENG...@listserv.gsa.gov, us-open-g...@googlegroups.com
Can you please help us understand how this event relates to open government?

While efforts to “improve customer experience through IRS’ Direct File Pilot, expanding hiring through the Pathways Program, and reducing barriers for small businesses to advance equity in procurement,” none of that directly relates to OMB’s obligations around good governance or its current commitments under statute or the past five national action plans.

Are the good folks managing the PMA going to introduce new guidance on open government data, or new challenge commitments related to enterprise AI inventories, improving FOIA implementation, or public engagement around voter registration?

Or a final update on the mothballed federal data strategy?

On Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 12:16 PM Open Government Secretariat <opengovernme...@gsa.gov> wrote:

Hello Open Government Community,

The good folks helping to manage the President's Management Agenda (PMA) asked that we forward you the below opportunity to participate in a PMA summer event

From Vision to Action: Learn How Agencies Are Implementing PMA Priorities!

We are excited to invite you to our PMA summer event, Biden-Harris PMA: Driving Results for All on Wednesday, July 10 from 1:00-3:00 pm EST.

The event will feature keynote remarks from Jason Miller, Deputy Director for Management at the Office of Management and Budget, followed by a series of short, engaging talks from dedicated public servants who are championing PMA priorities to build a stronger workforce, improve customer service, and strengthen how the government does business.

Speakers from across partner agencies will discuss tangible efforts to improve customer experience through IRS’ Direct File Pilot, expanding hiring through the Pathways Program, and reducing barriers for small businesses to advance equity in procurement.

This event is an exciting opportunity to:

  • Gain valuable insights on key PMA priorities.

  • Learn practical implementation strategies from engaging speakers.

  • Network and connect with fellow PMA supporters.

The event will be held at the Yates Auditorium at the Department of Interior. Please RSVP to secure your spot. We will also have a livestream of the event as a virtual option.

Live captioning will be available. Please contact pgovs...@gsa.gov with any technical concerns.

We look forward to you joining us.

Sincerely,

U.S. Open Government Secretariat