[OT] Come learn Rust, The Most Loved Language of 2019!

AJ ONeal (Home)

Feb 8, 2020, 6:15:06 PM2/8/20
to Utah Ruby User Group
Hey Everybody,

I'm a co-organizer of Utah Rust.

Since we're a relatively small and lesser known group, I wanted to reach out to some of the other groups and invite you to come to our 2nd meetup of the year.

This month is "Welcome to Rust" - an introduction to the language itself, at Vivint SmartHome in Lehi.

Last month was "Built with Rust" - all about common tools that are built in Rust which are taking the Terminal by storm - such as `fd` (find), `rg` (grep), `bat` (cat), and many other modern alternatives to age-old CLIs, in the style of `less` is `more`. https://youtu.be/g_RjY2328-U

Next month will be "The 'Blue Pill': Rust on Microcontrollers" ('blue pill' is basically Raspberry Pi of micro-controllers).

Rust is not only well-paid, it's also been voted "Most Loved" by Stack Overflow survey participants for 3 years in a row
https://insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2019#most-loved-dreaded-and-wanted

I know I sound like an ad for Rust... but that's because, well, I'm basically a walking ad for Rust. :)

AJ ONeal