SLC.rb March 2019 - Passing Messages on the Bus (AWS SNS and SQS)

1 view

Matthew Nielsen

Mar 22, 2019, 1:31:08 PM3/22/19
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Remember riding on a school bus when you were younger? Remember passing notes? Neither do I, but we can revisit those fake childhood memories at SLC.rb this month where the topic will be "Message Buses and Ruby on AWS".

We'll start with basic explanation and theory of how message buses work and their benefits and pitfalls, and then go in to the details of how create and work with a Message bus on AWS using SNS and SQS.

We will be meeting March 26th at 6:30pm. Location information, maps, and additional details are on the meetup page: https://www.meetup.com/Utah-Ruby-Users-Group/events/gfzxjnyzfbjc/

Please RSVP so we know how many people are planning to attend, and we will meet at our usual place and time specified in the link above.

Get on the bus and come, and I hope to see you all there!