[ANN] Ruby on Reubens, Thursday, 3/7 @ 12:00 PM

Mike Moore

Feb 28, 2019, 12:50:03 PM2/28/19
to Utah Ruby User Group
Today I am bringing back an old favorite. Probably the best thing URUG has ever produced. That's right, today I am announcing a new Ruby on Reubens meetup scheduled for next week. Thursday, February 7, noon at Feldman's Deli.

Thursday, March 7, 2019
12:00 PM

Feldman's Deli
2005 E 2700 S · Salt Lake City, UT

If you look at where we have held these lunch meetups previously[1], you will note that they have usually been in northern Utah Count, or in the southern Salt Lake areas such as Draper. But for next week we have moved the lunch meetup way up north, to the Sugarhouse area. This is because there have been a great number of people attempting to tell me that Feldman's Deli has an authentic Reuben sandwich. So many people -- vicious, nasty people -- have attempted to instruct me on where a proper Reuben can be found in the greater Salt Lake area. There has never been so many lies, so much deception. There has never been anything like it before.

Folks, I've been doing this for a long time. A long, long time. I know where authentic Reubens are to be found. And I disagree that Feldman's Deli can possibly meet my high expectations. Which, it can't. I'm sorry, but it can't. But you will have to find out for yourself by coming to the lunch meetup next week. Look, I'm not saying it won't be good! You may really enjoy it. But I won't. And shame on you for thinking you can tell me something about Reubens that I don't already know.

Excuse me. Excuse me. Are you ready? Are you ready? We don’t want that happening, the people trying to instruct me. But I was explained too, and I explained to people -- because it's really common sense: I am above your pay grade when it comes to sandwiches in general, and Reuben sandwiches specifically. These people don't stop and I think this is because we haven't had a lunch meetup in a while. I have previously given you all so much -- so much -- but apparently even that was not enough. So we will have a lunch meetup next week and I will again establish my superiority and demonstrate my disdain. You should trust your dear Ruby on Reubens lunch meetup leader, who always looks out for you and always knows what's best.

I encourage you to come. Enjoy a sandwich. Talk some Ruby. What do you have to lose? You can't do any worse than what these other lunch meetups are doing. I will do better, believe me.

[1] Previous meetups:

Mike Moore

Feb 28, 2019, 1:03:13 PM2/28/19
to Utah Ruby User Group