how can i block popups?

frank

Nov 21, 2007, 10:44:29 AM11/21/07
to url2jpeg
i have installed url2jpeg on a standalone server and created a task
(.cmd-file) to take a snapshot of a site automatically every day.

the site has a commercial popup which is not blocked by url2jpeg, so
after a few days there are a lot of popups running on the server-
desktop.

is there a way to block these popups? the server uses ie6 and there is
no upgrade to ie7. i tried to use the google-bar, but this works not
with url2jpeg.

can perhaps anybody help me to solve my problem?

frank

asciimo

Nov 25, 2007, 1:42:19 PM11/25/07
to url2jpeg
On Nov 21, 10:44 am, frank <frank.dre...@bauerverlag.de> wrote:
> the site has a commercial popup which is not blocked by url2jpeg, so
> after a few days there are a lot of popups running on the server-
> desktop.
>
> is there a way to block these popups? the server uses ie6 and there is
> no upgrade to ie7. i tried to use the google-bar, but this works not
> with url2jpeg.

I have this exact same problem. None of the security "recipes" for
IE7 seem to work. I installed Grease Monkey For IE (http://
www.gm4ie.com/) and created a user script to override alert(), but
this does not seem to work, either (though I may not have configured
it correctly). Maybe you would have more luck.

url2jpeg team

Nov 26, 2007, 4:17:44 AM11/26/07
to url2jpeg
Hi,

Can you give the URL so we can reproduce the problem?
Give it by private mail if you wish.

Sincerely,
url2jpeg Team.