New SFMTA passenger count csv files in Drop box

Tim

Mar 20, 2013, 11:17:50 PM3/20/13
to urdacha
Everyone,

I've added 9 new csv files for San Francisco passenger counts.
1000 record extract
7 daily files
1 weekly file

All sorted in time order. Extra columns include stop duration and
time in seconds since midnight
Regards

Tim

Tim

Mar 21, 2013, 12:20:01 AM3/21/13
to urdacha
Everyone,

At quick update at 9:10 to fix the negative stop duration. It's now
positive.

I can calculate ( for non zero stop durations ) the average duration
per person on and off.
I would expect the following

1) There is always a constant minimum duration even if no one gets on
or off
2) Getting on takes longer per person as you have to card swipe or pay
3) When more people get off, it will take longer per person due
crowding and shuffling.

Can we visualize the stop duration by route, direction or time of day?

regards

Tim

Cynthia Armour

Mar 21, 2013, 7:39:55 PM3/21/13
to Tim, urdacha
Thanks Tim, things are getting very interesting!

If we can visualize stop duration by route, direction, and time of day, and correlate this with your calculations - even for just the buses of a single route - then I think we are getting very close to achieving what Chris was looking for. That is, something that might help break down the causes of bus bunching.

Cynthia

Theo Armour

Mar 22, 2013, 3:52:14 PM3/22/13
to Cynthia Armour, Tim, urdacha
Gaps and bunches: I'm hoping we can begin to show by the middle of next week...