Urchin 6 license reset request - GOOGLE PLEASE HELP

Andy Saints

Jan 5, 2015, 4:31:42 PM1/5/15
to urchin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are trying to move our 3 Urchin license from physical to virtual server since the old server hosting
the urchin reports are having hardware issue. I contacted Actual Metrics since October last year but
they advise me that Google have not responded to them.

I also posted inquiries in the urchintools below but no reply:

Please advise who can help us.

Thanks,
Andy

Heman Tailor

Jan 9, 2015, 12:28:06 PM1/9/15
to urchin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy did you get your license reset ? I'm attempting to do the same via urchintools.
Heman

Andy Saints

Jan 9, 2015, 7:03:12 PM1/9/15
to urchin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Herman,

No progress so far, I wonder where in google contacts we can reach out for help. ActualMetrics I think handles that urchintools site, but they do not know either the contacts from Google to initiate the urchin license reset.
Let me know if you able to reset your urchin license.

Andy

Caleb Whitmore - Analytics Pros

Jan 9, 2015, 10:58:36 PM1/9/15
to urchin-help-6
All,

If you recall the reseller who you purchased Urchin from that is your best bet for a reset.  It's possible, just difficult.  If you get nowhere with that, let me know.

Best,

-Caleb

Andy Saints

Jan 12, 2015, 12:00:23 PM1/12/15
to urchin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Caleb,

I believe we purchase our Urchin licences and support before in ActualMetrics, last update i got from them is they still do not have reply from Google. They do not know the who in Google handles the Urchin related requests, I guess they only send the it to Google's default mailbox for Urchin or Inquiry interface for Urchin.  I will appreciate any help in reaching out to Google about our license reset requests, we currently stuck with the old faulty server in running urchin reports.

Thanks,
Andy

Caleb Whitmore - Analytics Pros

Jan 13, 2015, 2:15:41 PM1/13/15
to urchin-help-6
Andy,

If you bought from Actual Metrics and they've made a request to Google then that is your best bet.  Sorry it's such a challenge.

Best,

-Caleb
Caleb Whitmore | Founder & Principal Consultant

Andy Saints

Jan 14, 2015, 4:57:17 PM1/14/15
to urchin...@googlegroups.com
OK Caleb,  just that its been 3 months now and counting since the request to reset urchin license still nothing happens. Hopefully somebody from GOOGLE may find this request and look into our concern, a lot of people are still using urchin but looks like they forget about supporting this product.

-Andy

Caleb Whitmore - Analytics Pros

Jan 15, 2015, 3:52:05 AM1/15/15
to urchin-help-6
Andy,

Google officially retired the Urchin product in 2012 and, frankly, I don't think there are many folks there who pay attention to it.  It's unfortunate, but a reality that software packages can cease to be maintained.  It's sad, and frustrating, and all us Urchin users feel it.

My best recommendation would be to find an alternative.  The AngelFish product from Actual Metrics is your best bet if you want to have any backwards/forwards data retention with Urchin.

Best,

-Caleb
Caleb Whitmore | Founder & Principal Consultant
ANALYTICS PROS | My Book | LinkedIn | Twitter @analyticspros
google analytics certified partners & premium resellers
Direct:   206-735-4072
Mobile:  541-633-3075

Andy Saints

Jan 20, 2015, 6:25:26 PM1/20/15
to urchin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Caleb,

I think a lot of Urchin users know that the product was cancelled last 2012. Since the system works fine and the company does not see any reason in changing it we are sticking on the old system, I think we are entitled to use it as long as we want besides these are lifetime licenses. We are not really asking for support, we just wanted to move our system to the new server since the hardware is failing and this requires license reset. The re-seller or Google holding the license reset so that we should move to the new system i think is not acceptable. If they can provide us the utility page where we can reset the licenses, I will do it myself.

But there are still some companies who supports Urchin (like www.friedrichsoftware.com) are willing to help us on issues like this.

-Andy

Caleb Whitmore - Analytics Pros

Jan 21, 2015, 3:21:38 AM1/21/15
to urchin-help-6
Andy,

I completely agree with the desire to keep running it.  I liked Windows XP as an operating system and wish it was still viable, but it's not really anymore.

What we've asked Google for continuously is to simply open up the licensing algorithm and distribute something to self-key Urchin.  Basically, let anyone with Urchin be able to reset their own license self-serve.  If there was a new version to move to I could see this being a bad idea... but since it's dead software, why not let people maintain it on their own as long as they can?  This would be a good idea.

If Leslie and her team can help that's fantastic.  We're all at the mercy of the same source for resets: Google.

Best,

-Caleb
Caleb Whitmore | Founder & Principal Consultant
ANALYTICS PROS | My Book | LinkedIn | Twitter @analyticspros
google analytics certified partners & premium resellers
Direct:   206-735-4072
Mobile:  541-633-3075

Josh Waller

Jul 2, 2015, 7:12:22 AM7/2/15
to urchin...@googlegroups.com
Andy, did you ever get a response for your licence reset?

Josh