Urchin6 Server Migration and License Reactivation Problem

Kevin Yung

Aug 26, 2013, 8:41:40 PM8/26/13
to urchin...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I am hitting big problem while doing a urchin 6 server migration. After the migration, it requires to reactivate the license. The reactivate link from the login page is not working anymore. And I send an email to  "urchin-lice...@google.com" but no reply received yet. Anyone can give me a hand on how to contact google to reactivate my license?

The migration I did only involves server replacement with different server name. The urchin software volume, data volume and database volume are NFS mount, and they stay the same as the old server. Also I tried a rollback to start urchin in the old server, but it still ask for license reactivation.

Anyway that I can at least restart the urchin from my old server and at the same time waiting for google's reactivated license.

Thank you very much

Cheers
Kev

BenMc

Aug 27, 2013, 10:09:34 AM8/27/13
to urchin...@googlegroups.com
Kev -

I have no solution for you, but I am gearing up to do a similar move in the 1-2 months.  Thank you for bringing this issue to the forum.  I really hope there is a solution out there and you will be able to share it.

Ben

Jeff Sturm

Aug 27, 2013, 10:27:46 AM8/27/13
to urchin...@googlegroups.com

I feel fortunate at this point we built our Urchin 7 server on a VM.  We can now get hardware replacement and upgrades that are transparent to the application.  I don't have a list of all the hardware attributes that Urchin tracks, but I believe Ethernet MAC is among them—back when we did not have a static MAC address on our VM, a  reboot changed the Ethernet address, and we had to reactivate our Urchin license.  (That was before the software was discontinued.)  We have since fixed that configuration error.

Has anyone tried reaching out to any of the former Urchin consulting partners to see if they can help with a reactivation?  I'm curious to know as well, in the event we need to reactivate ours for any unforeseeable reason.

-Jeff

ActualMetricsdotcom

Sep 5, 2013, 7:02:32 PM9/5/13
to urchin...@googlegroups.com

Kevin Yung

Sep 6, 2013, 9:20:16 AM9/6/13
to urchin...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys,

I finally got google's reply and reactivated the license. The service has been down for about three days.

So anyone planning to do a migration need to prepate current license key and generate a machine report send to google. Dont start urchine in the new server until you have Google's confirmation of license reactivation. Otherwise you will expect a few days downtime for the migration.

Cheers
Kev