Urchin application doesnt read IIS 7.5 logs

Abhilash Potlapalli

Mar 5, 2012, 12:56:48 AM3/5/12
to Urchin Software from Google - help forum - Urchin 6
Hi Guys,

On Feb 15th we have migrated to a new CMS software from old one and
also changed infrastructure.Earlier, Urchin was reading log's from old
server which had IIS 7.0 and from feb15th when we migrated to a new
infrastructure Urchin has logs from IIS 7.5. When i run the
application with both the logs(i.e.. from IIS 7.0 and IIS 7.5), The
data is displaying for IIS 7.0 logs(i.e.. from Feb1st to Feb 15th) and
showing blank data for IIS 7.5 logs(i.e.. from Feb 15th to Feb 29th).
Is there any limitation for IIS version or am i missing something?

Thanks
Abhi

Actual Metrics

Mar 30, 2012, 3:54:31 PM3/30/12
to urchin...@googlegroups.com
Check your log format - there are certain fields Urchin requires.

If it's a UTM profile, does the cs-cookie field exist in the log format?

Abhilash Potlapalli

Apr 1, 2012, 7:14:51 PM4/1/12
to urchin...@googlegroups.com, actual...@gmail.com
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. you are right till Feb14th before migration i can see cs(Cookie) on my logs:
Feb 14th:
#Fields: date time s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port cs-username c-ip cs(User-Agent) cs(Cookie) cs(Referer) sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status sc-bytes cs-bytes time-taken
 Feb16th(After migration):
#Fields: date time s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port cs-username c-ip cs(User-Agent) sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status time-taken

Following fields are missing
cs(Cookie) cs(Referer) sc-bytes cs-bytes

Will it work if i manually add these fields?

Thanks
Abhi

Abhilash Potlapalli

Apr 1, 2012, 8:04:50 PM4/1/12
to urchin...@googlegroups.com, actual...@gmail.com
HI,

I have changed my IIS logs format to include the missing fields:
cs(Cookie) cs(Referer) sc-bytes cs-bytes

Do i have to do anything else?

Thanks
Abhi
Message has been deleted

Lionel Hickey

Jan 2, 2013, 9:39:41 PM1/2/13
to urchin...@googlegroups.com, actual...@gmail.com

On Thursday, 3 January 2013 13:37:40 UTC+11, Lionel Hickey wrote:

Hi Abhi,

We too at my company have had issues supporting Urchin 6 once we moved to a new CMS and IIS 7.5.
Similar to you Abhi, our logs do not contain the cs(Cookie) and cs(Referer) fields.
I know that your post was some time ago but did you end up solving the issue?
Cheers,
Lionel

Lionel Hickey

Jan 3, 2013, 1:09:46 AM1/3/13
to urchin...@googlegroups.com, actual...@gmail.com
Working!

Changed from the UTM tracking method to the IP+user-agent tracking method.

Now the IIS 7.5 logs result in visits and pageviews in the reporting section.

Cheers,
Lionel