Nasturtiums as mulch while still displaying their flowers

1 view

Lois Arkin

May 11, 2023, 7:34:11 PM5/11/23
to gar...@urbansoil.net
All,

I briefly spoke with Nancy today about pulling out the nasturtiums while
they are still in lovely bloom.  While i understand that they fix
nutrients in the soil, whether while still in bloom or as mulch, I feel
that the longer we and neighbors can enjoy their beauty in our
neighborhood, where nature's beauty bounty tends to be limited, he
better.  She immediately stopped picking them.  Rest assured, I was not
telling her to stop.  But I'm glad she did.  If this was decided in a
garden committee gathering that i have not been attending, then i would
urge the committee to re-think this issue.  Beauty and nutrient fixing
are not mutually exclusive.

Lois