Fwd: Rebates for native tree planting!

Lois Arkin

Mar 11, 2024, 9:41:39 PMMar 11
to gar...@urbansoil.net

something to consider:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Rebates for native tree planting!
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 17:44:56 -0700
From: Joanne D'Antonio <tr...@ncsa.la>
To: Joanne D'Antonio <tr...@ncsa.la>
CC: Lynnette Kampe <CFAC...@gmail.com>

Dear Trees Committee and Friends,
Lynette Kampe, Secretary of CFAC just sent me some great news.  The Metropolitan Water District is giving $100 rebates for planting an native tree!

This is our influence on Adel Hagekhalil, who is used to oversee our Urban Forestry Division and is now at the Metropolitan Water District. Here is the rebate link and be sure and click on all the lists of trees at this link -- very handy when you need to help figure out what tree to plant (though doublecheck your microclimate suitability for some of them):   https://www.bewaterwise.com/tree-rebates.html

Please spread the word and utilize the wonderful handy list of native trees by size.

Make sure to find out what the correct watering should be for the species of tree selected!
--

Joanne D'Antonio

Neighborhood Council Sustainability Alliance (NCSA), Trees Committee Chair

Community Forest Advisory Committee (CFAC) Chair and CD 2 Representative

Greater Valley Glen neighborhood council (GVGC): Board Member, Sustainability Representative, Parks and Medians Committee

NCSA Representative - Urban Forestry Management Plan (UFMP) Working Group

tr...@ncsa.la

joanne.tr...@gmail.com

cd2...@gmail.com

 (818) 387-8631

https://www.ncsa.la/trees

NCSA Trees Committee Mission: to protect the city's urban forest and to promote its care on behalf of the community through advocacy, outreach, and education.