Urban Systems Collaborative / Brief Weekly Update

Colin Harrison

Feb 28, 2013, 4:22:39 PM2/28/13
to urban-systems...@googlegroups.com
Contrary to an earlier automated reminder, there will be no Webinar on Friday March 1, 2013.  The next Webinar will be on Friday March 15, 2015.

I am making good progress on my transition from regular IBM employee to "retired" IBM employee, although I find myself as busy as ever and traveling just as much.  However, I have got back to putting blog posts on the USC site and I encourage you to pick up the RSS feed in your favourite reader.  Posts this week were:

1. Report on the Global Science Workshop in Brussels on Urban Systems.  This is one of a series; I attended another this week and will write up RSN.
2. A call for papers on human factors/ergonomics solutions to global warming and climate change.

I have a backlog of material for these posts and as the amount of time I spend traveling declines in the next ten days, I will start feeding these into the machine.

We have a good sized team of people now thinking about the programme and structure for the London meeting at Imperial college on September 10-11, 2013.  I have attached to this email a short deck describing our starting point.  We are meeting every three weeks on Tuesday at 12:00 EST; please advise if you would like to join the team.

Regards, colin
USC London Meeting Planning 20130219.ppt