[Update] USC Webinar - Dr. Robert W. “Doc” Hall: Learn to Do Better; Use a Lot Less

o.k.l...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2013, 4:52:57 PM7/25/13

Please join our weekly collaborative.
July 26, 2013 - Dr. Robert W. “Doc” Hall, an instructor at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, a chairman of the Compression Institute.
ABSTRACT: Learn to Do Better; Use a Lot Less
Since we are overusing earth’s resources, making a few substitutions is insufficient. We have to consume less. This problem is global, but global scale changes are impossible to organize. However, they can build up from patches of local area improvement. Three examples will illustrate the idea: 1) Scientific cleaning (called OS1); 2) improving community safety and security with fewer police and smaller budgets; and 3) study of local watersheds and water systems in order to live well using less water in the future.
A non-profit institute (The Compression Institute) is incubating these local issue learning groups to address bigger, more integrated, sustainable systems.

USC Webinar - Dr. Robert W. “Doc” Hall: Learn to Do Better; Use a Lot Less

When
Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:30pm – 1:30pm Eastern Time
Where
Join in at https://join.me/openplans | The dial-in number for Canada and USA is 1 888 426 6840. The passcode is 8362524. Please ignore the JoinMe telephone service. This is an approximate bi-weekly series during the academic year. For other countries please see the Description in this calendar entry. (map)
Who
(Guest list is too large to display)