No USC Webinar today (24 May 2013)

Colin Harrison

May 24, 2013, 11:11:27 AM5/24/13
to urban-systems...@googlegroups.com
Contrary to the Google reminder, we do not have a USC Webinar today.

As you will have noticed, this programme has been suspended since mid-March.  However, Stan Curtis of OpenCommons has taken on the leadership of managing this programme and is working on an impressive list of future speakers, including Barry Sanders on "The COMMONS", Cylvia Hayes on her Oregon plan, and Carol Colleta (who needs no introduction).

The new series will begin on Friday 7 June 2013 (two weeks from today) with Vivek Shandas of the Stanford Urban Centers speaking about his research in Qatar on "Making EcoDistricts".

Look to see changes too in the USC Web site as we have now engaged professional support for this.  Among other changes will be preparing for the London meeting and also re-constituting (if possible) the media from the 2011 and 2012 events.

I also have a long list of material for the blog that I will (really) get to in the next couple of days.

Regards, colin