Actionable Intelligence for Social Policy Data + Equity Summit on June 6 - deadline April 8 to register

Pettit, Kathryn

Apr 3, 2024, 3:24:10 PMApr 3
to urban-n...@googlegroups.com

Sharing from our amazing friends at AISP.  The summit looks worth the trip and a chance to meet a variety of people working on similar issues.

-Kathy Pettit

Kathryn Pettit

Senior Fellow

Co-Director, National Neighborhood Indicators Partnership

Pronouns: she/her/hers

U R B A N   I N S T I T U T E

AISP Updates

Request a spot at the Data + Equity Summit, featuring Tawana Petty

Are you looking for more ways to bring community voice and conversations about equity to your data sharing effort?

On June 6, join AISP and practitioners from across the country for a Data + Equity Summit in Philadelphia, PA – open to the public!

This no-cost, day-long event will begin with a keynote from Tawana Petty. Petty is a mother, social justice organizer, poet, author, and facilitator. Her work focuses on racial justice, equity, privacy, and consent. She is a 2023-2025 Just Tech Fellow with the Social Science Research Council, a 2024 National LIO Yearlong Fellow with the Rockwood Leadership Institute, and she serves on the CSforDetroit Steering Committee. Petty has helped shape AISP’s work on data and equity as an original member of the Toolkit for Centering Racial Equity workgroup and as part of the revision workgroup currently underway.

The keynote will be followed by a workshop on implementing lessons from AISP’s Toolkit for Centering Racial Equity and panel discussion with members of our Equity in Practice Learning Community on how each has approached this essential work in their context. In the afternoon, workshops will be offered across topics such as participatory governance, qualitative research, somatics, process mapping, and more. We’ll wrap with a collective vision of a more just future using data for good.

Please share this exciting opportunity with your networks and partners. We hope to see you in June!

Event: June 6 from 9:30am to 4:30pm in Philadelphia, PA
Deadline: April 8