Workshop applications open for library workers to build civic data capacity

Gradeck, Robert M

Jan 19, 2024, 3:26:32 PMJan 19
to urban-n...@googlegroups.com

I hope your 2024 has been off to a good start. Sending this message on behalf of our whole Civic Switchboard team.

The Civic Switchboard project is rolling along.  We are going to be hosting six regional and one online institutes in 2024 for library workers interested in the role of the library as an intermediary between community members and civic data.

Our Pittsburgh institute will be April 18-19 and we just opened up the application.  We will also have sessions in Boston, South Bend, Chapel Hill, Houston, and Portland Oregon. We’ll also be offering a virtual session.

Please share with any librarians that you think would be interested!

Send any questions to civic-sw...@pitt.edu.

Bob Gradeck

Western Pennsylvania Regional Data Center

University of Pittsburgh Center for Social and Urban Research

412-624-9177

rm...@pitt.edu

https://www.wprdc.org/