FLX Permaculture Weekend: August 25-27, 2017

1 view

mic...@fingerlakespermaculture.org

Jul 12, 2017, 4:02:06 PM7/12/17
to fingerlakes...@lists.ibiblio.org, upstatenyp...@googlegroups.com
4th Annual Finger Lakes Permaculture Weekend

Save the dates: August 25, 26 & 27, 2017

Full, continually updated description at:
http://fingerlakespermaculture.org/4th-annual-finger-lakes-permaculture-weekend/

Friday, August 25th

Permaculture films shown in Ithaca and surrounding communities in New York’s Finger Lakes region.

Saturday, Aug 26th

Tours of permaculture farms, gardens, parks, & homes with a post-tour reception at Finger Lakes Cider House

Sunday, Aug 27th

Regional Permaculture Convergence & Plant Sale at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Schuyler County in Montour Falls, N.Y.

Apply to put your site on the tour

If you can accept visitors for a full or half-day and can explain to others how permaculture design and principles are demonstrated on your site, you may still apply to join the tour.

Convergence Workshop Facilitators

We have a limited number of workshop spaces open so please contact us as soon as possible.

Volunteers Needed

Let us know your availability by filling out the form on our website: https://goo.gl/CdS2B4

Sponsorship

Our sponsors have been crucial supporters the last three years of the tour leading a weekend of free events for those who cannot afford a donation.  We are still seeking sponsors.

Thanks to the following for their early support for the weekend's events:
  • Alternatives Federal Credit Union
  • Ashley McGraw Architects
  • Cayuta Sun Farm
  • Cross Island Farms
  • Silver Tree Farm
  • Cross Island Farms
  • Dead Dog Farm

Visit FingerLakesPermaculture.org to learn about the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute.

Information about the Permaculture Tour Weekend is found at: https://goo.gl/CdS2B4

mic...@fingerlakespermaculture.org

Aug 9, 2017, 3:13:05 PM8/9/17
to upstatenyp...@googlegroups.com, fingerlakes...@lists.ibiblio.org

On Sunday, August 27th at the Schuyler County Cooperative Extension Facility in Montour Falls, NYpermaculture activists will convene to share, network and learn. Your input is invited for the morning workshops and the afternoon discussion.

This year, “diversity in approaches to permaculture” has emerged as a theme. We invite anyone who is using patterns in nature to inform their work to present a workshop or join in the discussion. Whether you use the word “permaculture” and work directly with plants, animals, and soil OR you are inspired by natural patterns in how you and your organization design human social and economic systems, you are welcome!

The first half of the day will be spent in workshops. 45 minute blocks run from 9:30am-10:45am and 11:00am-11:45am. The 90 minute block runs from 9:45am-11:30am.

To propose your workshop, send an email to <in...@fingerlakespermaculture.org> with your name, a description of your presentation topic, and specify your time slot preference.

Following the morning workshops there will be a 90 minute lunch break with food trucks in the parking lot. Throughout the day, a plant sale sponsored by Cornell Cooperative Extension of Schuyler County will take place outside as well.

The second half of the day will commence at 1pm. FLPCI will share the seeds of a participatory conference format we have gathered from other regional permaculture convergences. We will explore the theme “How can permaculture best serve our communities?” using Open Space Technology (OST) facilitation. This non-hierarchical format allows you and the other attendees to create the agenda and self-organize around your own interests. ALL participants are invited to bring their wisdom, passions, or questions revolving around our theme to the mix. This session will start with an orientation, so please arrive promptly.

###