It's Next Week!

Living Mandala

Sep 10, 2016, 9:32:19 PM9/10/16
Dear Friends,

With humanity at a crossroads and facing unprecedented ecological and social challenges, now more than ever leaders and people from all sectors - from grassroots activists, to business leaders, to government officials - are joining together to collaborate and build more thriving, resilient, and regenerative communities.

Join us for the 2016 North American Permaculture and Building Resilient Communities Convergence, September 14-18, at the beautiful Solar Living Institute in Hopland, CA. (2 hours north of San Francisco).

Come learn game-changing, cutting-edge solutions to some of humanity's most pressing problems from top-notch community organizers, permaculture designers, and global change agents. Learn ways to design and establish systems that provide for humanity’s material and non-material needs such as food, water, shelter, energy, economies, health, and happiness in a way that humans and Nature can thrive together.

1555352_599778903425959_187387200_n.jpg

9 Stages, 70+ Workshops, 100+ Presenters

Live Music, Delicious Food, Camping

Kids VIllage, Green Vendors & Much More!

The Convergence is a combined effort of the 2nd Annual North American Permaculture Convergence and the 11th Northern California Permaculture Convergence. It will bring together an estimated 500+ permaculture designers, social and environmental justice activists, community organizers, educators, speakers, individuals and organizations from not only Northern California, but the greater United States, Canada, Mexico, countries from the Caribbean, Central America and beyond.

We’ll gather together for an inspirational five days of intensive focus with a common goal: to design, build, and strengthen regenerative communities and habitats, in accordance with nature, for humans, plants, animals, the greater bioregion, and the Earth at large.

More Information Below, or visit: www.permacultureconvergence.com

This Year the North American Permaculture Convergence & the Building Resilient Communities Convergence have Joined Forces!

The North American Permaculture Convergence (NAPC)

Building off the work done at the 1st North American Permaculture Convergence and previous International Permaculture Convergences, the NAPC facilitates the growth, interconnection, and advancement of the permaculture movement and coordination of activities on a Continental level. The NAPC Convenes continuing education opportunities, working groups, and both guided and informal networking sessions.

The Building Resilient Communities Convergence (BRCC)

Evolving from 10+ years of the NorCal Permaculture Convergence, the BRCC brings together sustainability enthusiasts, permaculture designers, social entrepreneurs, community organizers, social justice activists, people from the NorCal Bioregion, the West Coast, and beyond for a dynamic, engaging, and celebratory gathering designed to build a powerful movement for community resilience.

A Few of Our 100+ Speakers

Penny Livingston-Stark * Warren Brush *  Michael Pilarski * Starhawk
Toby Hemenway * Brock Dolman * Bayo Akomolafe * Amikaeyla Gaston
Trathen Heckman * Pennie Opal Plant * Max Meyers * Rick Valley
James Stark * Liora Adler * Andrew Langford * Don Tipping
Kevin Bayuk * John Valenzuela * Jeremiah Kidd * Narsanna Koppula
Kat Steele * Mario Yanez * Koreen Brennan * Brandi Mack * Jan Spencer
* Hannah Apricot Eckberg * Matt Powers * Jay Ma * Robert Kourik
* Ryan Rising * Delia Carroll * Miguel “Cobalot” Elliott  * Sky Blue

A Few of Our 70+ Workshops

Regenerative Seed to Table Cooking
A Real Permaculture Garden
Community Food Forestry Initiative
Use of Fire Mimicry in Forest Restoration
Building Resilient Neighborhoods
Sharing Cities: Activating the Urban Commons
How to Use Local Plants for First Aid and Home Remedies
Design Your Regenerative Enterprise
Leadership and Innovation Embodiment
Intentional Communities: Workshop Series
Cannabis Cultivation: Sustainability Practices for the Future
Political and Cultural Transformation Thru Co-operatives
Taking Permaculture to The Mainstream – Allies and Assets
Invisible Structures: A Cooperative Model for Local Food Production
Combining the Sciences of Permaculture & Aquaponics
Decolonizing “Permaculture”
Urban Permaculture: From Toronto to Tel Aviv
Organizing Indian Women in Permaculture Food Self Sufficiency Systems
Our 200 Year Plan: Designing our Future Together
Community Food Forestry Initiative
Herbal Intelligence
Myco-Food-Forestry
Embodying Permaculture
Hip Hop For Change: Re-Education in Hip Hop
Networking the Transformational Ecosystem
Learning from Our Indigenous Friends, Teachers & Allies
Working at the Edges: Exploring Our Personal and Cultural Eco-Systems
Appropriate Cooking Technology: The Fossil-Fuel-Free Meal!

Live Performances By:

Royal Jelly Jive  ~  Luminaries ~ Wild Man
YaNi ~ Namorados de Lua ~ Singing Bear
Jasmine Fuego and the Pop Up Band
Thrive East Bay Choir ~ Khafre ~ Tatu Vision
Eli Marienthol ~ Aaron Ableman DJ Dragonfly and More

+ Performances By YOU @ the The Ultimate Permaculture Passion Show

Kids Village! + FREE CHILDCARE!

How many times have you or someone you know had to stay home from an important event because there was “no one to take care of the children”, or they were no places for them to be accepted, honored and integrated? Our community is missing something important when we leave the children at home.

We are welcoming, integrating, and encouraging children at this year's Convergence, and offering some amazing support systems and programming as well.

Who do we work for, if not the future world and the children who will inherit it?

We will be providing FREE CHILD CARE, as well as partnering with our friends at Circle of Children, who will be offering a variety of interactive games and activities designed to connect children with nature and their creative brilliance, while providing them with opportunities to create a positive impact on the Earth.

Pre & Post Convergence Tours!

Come visit some of the most inspirational permaculture sites in Northern California before or after the Convergence! See urban homesteads, permaculture business, no-till farms, private-public partnerships, and more -- there is something for everyone!

  • East Bay Showcase: Tuesday, September 13th, (9:30 am-4:30 pm)

  • North Bay Showcase: Monday September 19th (9:30 am-4:30)

Bay area greeen toursLandscape

CHECK OUT THE TOURS

Venue - Solar Living Institute

We are thrilled that the Solar Living Institute will be hosting the Convergence again! You will love visiting this inspirational 12-acre renewable energy and demonstration site, complete with an eco-gift shop, one of northern California's largest grid-tied solar arrays and an edible garden. The Institute is located on Highway 101 in Hopland, CA, approximately 2 hours north of San Francisco. Established in 1998 by the founder of the Real Goods Trading Company, John Schaeffer, the Solar Living Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission of "Promoting sustainable living through inspirational environmental education".

The Institute manages the Solar Living Center, a 12-acre renewable energy and sustainable living demonstration site that is visited by 200,000 people annually.

sliheaderpond.jpg

Why You Should Join The Convergence

You Are Not Going to Find Anything Like This Anywhere Else!

  • World Renowned Activists, Solutionaries, and Visionaries
  • Internationally Acclaimed Permaculture Designers
  • World Changing Solutions From Gardens to Governments
  • New Opportunities - Connections, Friends, Your Next Job
  • Experience Village at a Beautiful Sustainable Living Demonstration Site
  • Camping, Green Vendors, Artisans, Delicious Food
  • Fantastic Music, Performing Artists, Dancing, and Much More!

Whether you are a seasoned permaculturalist, a transition town activist, a community organizer, or just wanting to learn game-changing skills to live more successfully and in greater harmony with people and the planet... and find community in the process…
this Convergence is for you!

Join Us Towards Building More Thriving, Resilient Communities!

GET TICKETS NOW!

We are offering Single Day, Two-Day, Weekend, and Full Five-Day tickets.

* Walk-in tickets are also available.

Living Mandala
Organizing Education, Events & Initiatives for Personal & Planetary Transformation