Room Available in Syracuse Intentional Community Urban Homestead

Frank Cetera

Jun 7, 2016, 2:10:21 PM6/7/16
to upstateNYpermaculture
We'll have a room opening up mid-late August, at our place on 717 Otisco St, corner of Belmont St in Syracuse. NY.  We are a collective house committed to ecological and social justice consciousness.  We cook for each other, share meals & grocery shopping, grow some of our own food on site, & participate in regular chores to maintain the house & yards.

We strive for a lifestyle in which we do more with less, making rather than buying, building our ecological wisdom. We are project oriented and equipped for gardening, food preparation, bicycle care, work-shopping & crafting.  We’re dedicated being a supportive, consensus-based, & inclusive home with open, compassionate communication & problem-solving.

>>> No hard drugs or substance abuse
>>> Plant-Based kitchen and household
>>> Monthly house meetings
>>> $400 per room ($500 for doubles) includes utilities, wifi and water

IC.org listing: http://directory.ic.org/24301/ Bitternut_Collective_on_Otisco_St

Facebook: https://www.Facebook.com/ BitternutHomestead

if you are interested, we have a list of introductory interview questions you can complete and send back in as a first step:

1) Where do you go to school/work currently? How will you support yourself financially while a housemate? Where are you moving from, locally or from out of Syracuse? What are your current living arrangements and why are you looking for new living arrangements? How long do you plan on staying at Bitternut?
2) Have you ever lived in a collective house or Intentional Community before, and what are your questions, expectations, limits, and concerns?
3) Who would be moving in with you (if anyone)? What are your dietary preferences (we practice a plant-based diet)?
4) Are you able to reside with us while construction, finish work, and general site developments are in process?
5) Please provide one housing reference and one personal reference.
6) What time period would you be looking to move in if you were accepted?
7) Are you a dog person or a cat person (Cats are not permitted due to resident allergies, and we currently have one dog).
8) Describe your political philosophy in 3 sentences or less.
9) If you had a full day of free time, how would you most likely spend it? How do you spend your leisure time?
10) Are you a "kitchen person"? Are you a "garden person"? What do those terms mean to you? What does it mean to you to participate in the household and the social justice/ecological wisdom mission of the collective?

Send to Bitternut...@gmail.com or call Frank at 315-308-1372 with questions.