Reminder *Tow-O-Rama & Fly-In* at Padgham Hill (All-Day Saturday 10/23)

Jim Black

Oct 19, 2021, 4:18:36 PM10/19/21
to Rochester Area Flyers, Upstate NY Free Flyers
Dear Pilots,

Conditions are looking favorable for our rain-date scooter towing and training hill fly-in this Saturday. Cool (40s) with N-NW-W wind at 4-8 mph. Most models predict only moderate gusts.

HG and PG pilots are warmly invited!

Note - the location has changed to our club training hill at Padgham.

This will really be a "regular day of flying" for the club with informal fun and flying activities. You must be a RAF member to participate. We will have membership forms available.

All current tow techs are encouraged to attend to recertify in order to operate the club winch. Rated HG pilots (H2 plus) are invited to refresh their tow skills and/or work towards the Surface Tow (ST) rating. We will have an emphasis on towing safety procedures and communications at specified in our Chapter's Towing Device Application.

Drop me an email if you are planning to attend, or if you have questions!

Jim Black

--
Dr. Jim Black
He/Him/His

Jim Black

Oct 21, 2021, 4:14:36 PM10/21/21
to Rochester Area Flyers, Upstate NY Free Flyers
Dear Pilots,

Still looking awesome for Saturday!

Come out and tow or be towed or fly the training hill. Conditions look great for both HG and PG.

I've heard a rumor that Rick and Ron Letzen are working on a way to tow gliders up the training hill with the 4 wheeler :)

Please drop me (only) an email if you plan to attend.

Thanks!
Jim

Rick Brown

Oct 21, 2021, 9:47:18 PM10/21/21
to Jim Black, Rochester Area Flyers, Upstate NY Free Flyers
What time you getting started?

Rick Brown

Oct 22, 2021, 8:47:40 AM10/22/21
to Jim Black, Rochester Area Flyers, Upstate NY Free Flyers
Ok we plan on getting there around 8am to get things set up and work thru some equipment stuff. Come on out to play. Bring a dish to pass or we can chip for pizza or something.

James Black

Oct 22, 2021, 4:43:51 PM10/22/21
to Rick Brown, Rochester Area Flyers, Upstate NY Free Flyers
it’s looking like a great day and a great turn out for tow and training hill flying tomorrow!

If you are planning I’m being towed and IF you have an ST release… bring it. We will have an extra available, but it’s always helpful do you have your own glider equipped.

You also might want to bring a camp chair.

Looking  forward to a fun day of flying and learning!

Jim

Sent from my iPhone