FSF meeting minutes and updates

Steve Houser

Nov 24, 2021, 2:06:23 PM11/24/21
to Upstate NY Free Flyers
Attached are the minutes from the Nov 6 general meeting.

The thank you blurb and picture to Free Flight Foundation have been sent  and they have notified me of its receipt.  We should see something in the next one or two issues.

The most recent RRG worksheets have been sent to members to work on the review, update and revision.

I have had conversations with USHPA office (Beth V) about a possible plan for Harris should the future bring about a dissolution of the FSF club.  Also spoke with Regional Director Paul Voight about it, so the idea/concern has been planted with higher ups for their thoughts and input.
Free Spirit Flight HGC fall mtg Nov 21.docx

Wings-Aron Lantz

Nov 25, 2021, 9:56:45 AM11/25/21
to Steve Houser, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers
Steve and all, thanks for the meeting minutes follow up.

I've had some conversations with Paul Voight about how we get more instructors/schools started...not impossible but it could be made easier if USHPA would listen when we say clubs need an infusion of help and new members in the next 5 years.

Clubs are going to need to do some community outreach to find interest...but where do you send a new student?  Tell a potential student they need to drive 4-6 hours or more and the interest fades in a hurry...

There needs to be more local training  available to have somone fairly close by to all clubs to help the new students progress (i.e like it used to be before the 1 guy schools were shuttered).

While progress was made in the setting up of the RRRG, more needs to be done to reinstall club level instructors, make it a little incentive to step up and do it, be able to at least break even monetary and afford to get training gliders and keep them in good repair.

I called USHPA executive director 2 weeks ago when I was trying to decipher insurance and instruction processes and left Mr. Palmaz a message...sad to say I never received a call back.  No progress there.  I'll try again.  USHPA is resting on its laurels in adressing this issue.

Please speak up and call USHPA and express that something must be done to bring back local instruction programs.

Thanks,

Aron

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?