TOW-O-RAMA, Geneseo Airport, Saturday, 10/16 (Rain Date 10/23)

Jim Black

Oct 6, 2021, 6:36:37 PM10/6/21
to Rochester Area Flyers, Upstate NY Free Flyers, jblack8
Dear pilots,

We are planning a Hang Gliding scooter-towing RAF Chapter event at Geneseo Airport on Saturday 10/16, with a rain date of Saturday 10/23.

8 AM start time with towing all day, weather permitting.

This event is FREE for all RAF pilots. Non-RAF Pilots can join our chapter for $60!

We will scooter-tow H2+ pilots, with or without the Surface Tow (ST) rating. If you do not yet have the ST rating (which allows you to BE TOWED) you can earn it because we will have RAF instructors, advanced instructors, and Towing Observers to assist you.

We will tow for all pilot levels, from low-and-slow to high, and all levels in between.

THIS IS A MANDATORY REFRESHER/SKILLS UPDATE FOR ALL CURRENT RAF TOW-TECHS. *USPHA NOW REQUIRES ANNUAL VIDEOS OF YOU TOWING TO MAINTAIN YOUR ABILITY TO OPERATE THE CLUB'S WINCH.

Link to the Rochester Area Flyers Geneseo Site Guide

Video of Towing at Geneseo

Fly High Fly Safe!
Jim Black
RAF Towing Officer

TO SIGN UP PLEASE USE THIS LINK

Jim Black

Oct 11, 2021, 5:44:50 PM10/11/21
to Rochester Area Flyers, Upstate NY Free Flyers, jblack8
Support our scooter-towing RAF program! Please let us know that you are coming...

Use this link to sign-up

Any questions... reach out to me.

Jim Black
--
Dr. Jim Black
He/Him/His

Jim Black

Oct 14, 2021, 2:49:20 PM10/14/21
to Rochester Area Flyers, Upstate NY Free Flyers, jblack8
Looks like we are rained out/blown out for Padgham on Saturday. We will move it to our rain date of 10/23 and hold the event at our Padgham Site.

The beans have been harvested and the field and training hill are in great shape!

Watch for more information from Rick about expanding this to a fun fly-in with events (ballon drop, longest glide, etc.)

SO... MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

10/23/21.... All day
Padgham Hill
455 Bowerman Road, Farmington