Tuscarora access

Steve Houser

Nov 2, 2021, 2:30:18 PM11/2/21
to Upstate NY Free Flyers
To members of the Southern Tier Skysurfers (STS), or those wishing to give it a try, there has been a change in the lock system that gives access to the Windsor/Damascus flying site.
The rod and gun club has moved the posts of their chained gate up the access road 5 yards and widened it to allow for larger vehicle access(quarrying).  In doing so they have added a lock of their own on the left and ours is in the middle joining two lengths of chain.  Since our lock had been failing, I replaced it with an extra one we have.  It uses the same key, but the lock is like new, so should be good for a couple of years.  The launch cable is permanently down as the tree has grown into the anchor and it can not be drawn up into place anymore.  Since the access is via the chained gate at the bottom of the access road the cable is no longer necessary anyway.   The road is wet and soft these days, but passable.  Try to limit damage under these conditions.
Anyone wishing to fly there needs to contact a local pilot with a key.  Hunting season begins Nov 15 I believe, so don't look to fly there until the deer season is over.  Thank you.
Steve