10/23 Tow-O-Rama and Fly In Report

Jim Black

Oct 24, 2021, 11:52:14 PM10/24/21
to Rochester Area Flyers, Upstate NY Free Flyers, jblack8
Pilots of the RAF came together on a drizzly day for scooter towing and training hill flights.

Rick and Jim operated the winch.

1st time HG tow pilots were John Troy, Peter Biggers, and Mark Donahoe. Brent progressed on his 2nd towing session. All had great experiences and enthusiasm for the opportunities towing offers. We had our first exploration of towing paragliders with experienced pilot Matt Conrad on tow.

Training Hill flights were PG Steve, Brian Vogel, Matt, Mark, John Troy, and Brent.

Rick wowed us by towing gliders up the NW side of the training hill on the new cart that Ron Letzen made.

Thanks to Rick for all the mowing he has done with the 4 wheeler and pull-behind mower deck.

Bob brought snacks :)

Did I miss anyone? If so please post.

Jim Black
Rochester Area Flyers