Harris Flight report, 9/14

chris toomey

Sep 14, 2022, 9:22:34 PM9/14/22
to Upstate NY free Flyers, RAF
Aron, Will Perez ( Hyner club), Pat, Bill V, Jim K , Ed, Louis and myself went out to Harris. It was WNW , with a bit of westerly cross , blowing 10-12 with gust to 25.
Will was off first in his T2. He reported strong lift and sink with s lot of turbulence. He chose to land after 30 minutes, having enough of the washing machine. Pat was off next. Because of the turbulence, he caustically stayed clear of the trees. Unfortunately he couldn’t stay in the lift and had an extended sledder. He set up for a second flight.
Aron was off next, followed by Bill V and then myself. Flights ranged from 45 min to 1.5 hrs. The ridge was turbulent. Thermals were punchy and broken, making it difficult to really even turn in them. With patience , we managed to get up 1500-2000 over launch. Ed, Jim K , Louis, and Pat chose not to fly, as it was still blowing and gusting up until sunset.
No PR’s were set, but it was still a nice day to be out.
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

Bill Vickery

Sep 14, 2022, 10:12:32 PM9/14/22
to RAF, Upstate NY free Flyers
In the past, when gliders were landing long, LZ folk would yell -
Bring back a Pizza!
Today I could have brought back a nice pumpkin 🎃 .

--
***Be sure to check the Group Calendar often!***
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rochesterareaflyers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York

***Bristol Mtn Weather & Webcam***
- https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNYNAPLE32
- https://www.bristolmountain.com/webcam/

You received this because you are subscribed to "RochesterAreaFlyers"
To post to this group, send email to:
rochester...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to:
rochesterareafl...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterareaflyers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/D6ED3069-533C-47D1-86EF-E836B1E7B3DB%40yahoo.com.