Flying Harris Mon / IC Tues

Wings-Aron Lantz

Nov 6, 2022, 1:19:36 PM11/6/22
to 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, hyne...@googlegroups.com, RAF
Hello,

I'm planning to go up Monday and meet Will P. at the Harris LZ at 10:30 AM.

Looks like a fairly strong forecast right now for Monday.

Maybe fly IC Tuesday if the wind calms down some.

I wanted to camp, but not so sure IC will be doable with that strong forecast.

Aron

Wings-Aron Lantz

Nov 6, 2022, 7:17:17 PM11/6/22
to RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers
These forecasts aargh...I'm chancing it and just going to see what happens.

The old adage...you can't know if you don't go, and you can't fly if you don't set up :)

Aron

On Nov 6, 2022, at 3:20 PM, Mark Donahoe <corkd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Looking a little bit too breezy for me at Harris, but looking at IC Tues.

Mark

Wings-Aron Lantz

Nov 7, 2022, 7:18:05 AM11/7/22
to RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, hyne...@googlegroups.com
The more I look at this, it just seems like it could end up being pretty good.  Just now I looked again at forecasts and out my window.

Right now at my place outside Montoursville the sky is clear and there is no wind.  Harris is 1.5hrs north of me.

The forecast for Harris today backed down a little already.  Tuesday is looking good at IC also.  I'm prepared to take the chance to go fly both sites.

Screen shots attached.

We are getting ready to go and camping gear is going in the car.

Aron

Screenshot_20221107-070911_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20221107-070821_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20221107-070804_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20221107-070534_Wunderground.jpg
Screenshot_20221107-070458_Wunderground.jpg

Robert Skinner

Nov 7, 2022, 7:57:14 AM11/7/22
to Wings-Aron Lantz, RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, hyne...@googlegroups.com
NOAA is calling 15G25
GliderPort station is up and it's saying 12G17 already which is even stronger than forecast.

image.png

Rob

Bill Vickery

Nov 7, 2022, 9:39:15 AM11/7/22
to Robert Skinner, Wings-Aron Lantz, RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, hyner
Haven't ruled it out yet, but it is pretty breezy in my valley town, and the wind turbines on the hill are moving pretty fast.  (Although they pitch to maximize)

Wings-Aron Lantz

Nov 7, 2022, 11:38:43 AM11/7/22
to RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, Robert Skinner, hyner
We just got uptop.  It looks nice at 11:35.
For Hang Gliders.

Aron

20221107_113622.jpg

Wings-Aron Lantz

Nov 7, 2022, 7:30:33 PM11/7/22
to RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, Robert Skinner, hyner
Well, it turned out good.  2+ hours and a couple thousand over.

It was iffy on the forecast, but we kind of lucked out today.

We had 3 gliders in the air.  Will P., Bill V. and Aron.

Julie assisted us today.  Jim K. was out to visit us in the lz.

Tower was called before and after the flying.

Camping out to try IC tomorrow.

Let's fly!

Aron

Mark Donahoe

Nov 8, 2022, 5:14:03 AM11/8/22
to RochesterAreaFlyers, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, Robert Skinner, hyner
Eta noonish

--
***Be sure to check the Group Calendar often!***
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rochesterareaflyers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York

***Bristol Mtn Weather & Webcam***
- https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNYNAPLE32
- https://www.bristolmountain.com/webcam/

You received this because you are subscribed to "RochesterAreaFlyers"
To post to this group, send email to:
rochester...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to:
rochesterareafl...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterareaflyers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/de762a17-0303-404e-9f9c-9f396890a8ec%40aronlantz.com.